MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Old 08-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Master

Anyone heard from Scott?

Has anyone heard how Scott is doing after his heart surgery?

I remember a post a while back where he said his surgery went well but haven't heard an update lately.

Scott, if you're out there let us know how your doing.

Ray

ray@rcoverengraving.com
Old 08-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Master

Scott posted in the Photo area yesterday.
joe

Old 08-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Steel Addict

I'm doing fine, was in North Carolina last week tutoring an engraving student with the whole family along. Stopped in and saw my good friend Daniel Winkler while we were in the neighborhood. Okay, yeah, I'm not up to long drives yet, but I can drive, i've been off the pain medicine about 3 weeks now. But my chest is still sore, and I can't move it or my arms to fast without stretching something that does not want to be stretched yet.

Anyway, I missed all the fun of the Art Knife discussion, by the time I read it all g, everything I might have said was already said. Got an unexpected kick in the seat at the guy's house I was working with. He had a Holland and Holland book, and I was flipping throough the pages while he was cutting scroll, and I was reading about their engravers and it talked about how they started using other engravers from differetn countries in the 60's and probably thier greatest collaboration was with Phillipe Grifnee in Belgium, and then it mentioned, Cecile Flohimont as one of his proteges' , and I was getting all excited cause I spent a week with Phillipe in in March and he had taken me over to Cecil's house up on the mountain one snowy afternoon. Cecil's engraving studio is right off her kitchen, with washer and dryer directly behind her engraving bench. But I digress, back to the book, it then mentioned American engravers such as "Welch, Swartley, Smith, Gold and Pilkington". I was like, "Whoa!". Sometimes when I read something like that, I want to turn around and wonder, who the heck are they talking about? But its sure a kick in the seat when you see your work published somewhere as most of you know from personal expereince or soon will from the gleanings of this board.

Well, speaking of Holland engraving, I've got 4 knives of theirs upstairs calling my name, and lots of medical bills, better get off this computer

Tags
art knife, knife, knives