MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Texas Knifemakers and Collectors Association

Texas Knifemakers and Collectors Association Dedicated to promoting custom knives and knifemakers.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Skilled

New TKCA Newsletter Editor

Mark Toler has assumed the responsibilities of publishing the TKCA newsletter after our good friend Don Robinson stepped down from the stressful job for health reasons. Our thanks go out to Don for the great job that he did....y'all drop him an email, or give him a call and let him know we appreciate him!!

Mark is working on the next newsletter edition now and he should have it out in about 3 weeks. He is looking for pictures, articles, shop tours, tips & tricks, and anything noteworthy. He's also accepting classified ads so get your's listed if you'd like more exposure on your knives. If you're a new member, introduce yourself and let him know who you are and what you do.

He'll be contacting each member by email, or a phone call, to update the membership list with current contact information, especially email addresses.

His contact information is:

Mark Toler
TKCA Newsletter Editor
1230 Sandhill Crane
New Braunfels, TX 78130
321-662-4465
Email: tkcaeditor@gmail.com

Mark and his family are relatively new to New Braunfels, Texas and he is showing lots of enthusiasm as a new TKCA member and accepting the Editors position. Thanks Mark

Old 04-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Hi, Mark.

How is your first newsletter coming along?

I hope yuu have a good source for printing around there. I usually found the best price at Office Depot until they almost doubled their price for the last newsletter. I was forced then to find a small new printing company that did them for 4 cents per black and white page, with a nice discount for quantities. That was the best price I was ever charged.

Office Depot had gone up from around 4 cents to nearly 8 cents for B&W. Color copies around here were so expensive, around 50 cents a page, that we couldn't ever afford many color copies.

I investigated internet printing prices a few years ago and didn't find any companies that would print less than 1,000 copies per order.

Good luck, thanks for taking over. I'm looking forward to my copy.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Just a note to remind everyone to keep your address current with Zane Blackwell, our Sec/Treasurer.

The last newsletter mail out resulted in several copies being returned due to un-found addresses.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Guru

I've been gathering quotes for printing work related items. If someone has a pdf version of a newsletter I can get some quotes. Most of what I've found is they will do 250 500 and 1000+. The price per item drops substantially at 500. For tri-fold brochures on 100lb gloss it was $265 for 500 for a full-bleed color print. Newsletter is more pages, but much thinner paper. I don't know what it would cost, but it couldn't hurt to get some quotes. There were lots of internet based printers that were cheaper, but we went with one in Houston so we could veiw the proofs beforehand. I don't know that I would really worry about that for a newsletter.

There should be some interestng pictures from the hammer-in this past weekend for the next newsletter. A 2600* muffin would look sooooo much better in color!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Hall of Famer

2600 lbs.??
Old 04-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Guru

2600*F.......a very, very hot muffin of steel with glass icing.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Wow!! You'd have to handle that with gloves!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Guru

Yes, and I still lost a bit of hair from the forearms!

Tags
knives