MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:10 PM
Guru

Has anyone bought a kit knife from knifekits?

Has anybody bought a kit knife from Knife kits a sponsor here? They require ten thousand characters in the review. I bought a knife from them and it was junk and I went to write a review and they would not allow me too unless I made it ten thousand letters long. The bolo bowie wasn't anything like it was pictured. The guard was so far back I couldn't get my hand completely on the tang and they said it was Rc 56-58, my 54 gerber scratched it. The flat grind didnt go halfway up the knife and it was bulged thicker in the middle than the top edge. I'm going to the knife show in Atlanta and they are getting an earful from me. You get what you pay for, but I got the low end of that equation, not even in the ballpark. If I knew what kind of steel it was I would shape it and send it to Premium Knives for HT.

If you want to hear something sadly funny, I put ten thousand letters and characters in my review and was required to sign back on. I wasn't allowed to review, I was knocked off their site.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

I have purchased from Knifekits and found their stuff to be first rate. I've never had trouble with them on any point. I have, on occasion, questioned their selection of a steel, but that was more of a suggestion to them than a complaint.

Did you try contacting them about your issues? I find that many times things can be resolved between the vendor and customer with just a call. Not giving them a chance and instead posting a complaint will rarely win you any friends.

Their web site only lists one "bolo bowie" and it says it's an experimental model that they only produced a few of. The steel is AUS8, which is not one of the hardest steels around, but pretty commonly used on knives. It's similar to 440c.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:54 PM
Guru

My gripe was trying to make a review that required ten thousand characters to complete and when I did I was booted off.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:56 AM
Guru

I tried to review several other products. Is it just me? I cannot read previous reviews and every time I try to write on it says the same. I need to put 10,000 characters into the review. Obviously their computer system is on the fritz.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:25 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

I tried also and found the same problem. I sent an email to the site's managers requesting that they review the situation ...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Tags
back, blade, bowie, edge, flat, flat grind, gerber, grind, guard, hand, kit, kit knife, kits, knife, knife kits, knife show, knifekits, knives, made, make, products, show, steel, tang, what kind