MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 09-22-2019, 05:47 PM
Registered

New knife maker, just moved home to GA

I’m a relatively new knife maker ( less than a year) and I recently moved back home to north GA after being gone for 10 years in the Army. I’m looking to maybe attend some classes or maybe even start a part time apprenticeship to further develop as a knife maker. Any suggestions on makers or Smith’s I should get in touch with? I plan on going to the trackrock hammer in next weekend so hopefully I can meet everyone in person.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:36 PM
Guru

Try Georgia Custom Knifemakers Guild here on Knife Network. I'm sure there are few guys willing to help out a veteran. Stand up guys!
Old 10-03-2019, 06:06 AM

Steve, as a charter member of the GA Guild, welcome (back) to Georgia. We will be having our fall meeting Oct. 12 at Olde Towne Cutlery over on Hwy 400 near Coal Mountain. There is much better information to be had on our facebook page. You can make a lot of great contacts with other makers in the State and build up your network of resources. Your corner tag says Madison, GA. which might be a pretty good drive for you, but if you want to connect it will be worth it.
There will also be the Southern Handmade Knife Show up in Cornelia/Lula, GA Nov. 16th that I can give you more info on if interested. Many of the Guild members will have tables there.

I apologize for not seeing your post sooner. Just had our fall Trackrock Hammer-in up in Blairsville, GA last weekend and you would have been more than welcome to attend this event as well.

You might also want to check out Flint River Knife Club (lot of cross memberships). They meet mostly down in the Conyers area off I20. Also a very active knifemaker community organization. Good folks and good contacts.

What type of knives do you make and how - stock removal or smithing? You'll find a lot of solid info right here on KNF. Be sure to check "stickies" out in all subforums you visit especially the Newbies forum. Don't be hesitant to use the "Search" button as well.

I am sending you a pm with my email if you have questions, I might be able to better handle them there.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H

Tags
a, army, art, back, bee, build, ca, custom, cutlery, flint, georgia, hammer, handle, home, knife, knifemaker, knives, make, makers, new knife maker, post, stock removal