MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 10-20-2002, 11:18 PM

My Business Card

I got tired of people constantly asking me if I had a business card for my knifemaking...

I am working on a logo which I will incorporate down the road, but for now here's a temporary card I knocked this evening for the time being. Thought you guys might appreciate how easy it can be to create some decent identity for yourself.

For the purpose of this post, this card is slightly larger than the real thing:

Hope you enjoyed that.

Dennis

Yeah Baby!

PS. I forgot to mention, I've got 10 up on a sheet, printed out on photo paper and will take them up to Kinko's to be laminated...they'll look good that way and keep looking good even after being pulled in and out of the wallet...
Old 10-21-2002, 01:04 AM
Enthusiast

Very nice indeed Dennis. You have just taken your hobby to a new level. I have thought about making up something like that but just haven't. Would you mind if I used the same title?

Again,creative and well done.

J. Hartt
Old 10-21-2002, 01:27 PM

My friend Kelly Carlson correctly pointed out that I should have my e-mail address on here. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees8o

Dennis

Yeah Baby!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Where's the web address?

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 10-21-2002, 11:28 PM

Alex-

Up until now I've been content to sell an occasional knife as I resisted making this into a business. The card was a no-brainer as it at least provides a way for locals to get in touch.

Having said that, it appears that I am about to test the waters a bit by taking a table at my very first show.(here in Baltimore, Dec.8) We'll see if I like that experience. I'm going to have to get a hustle on and crank out some kits to have at least a dozen with me when the show hits.

I've got five knives going at one time at the moment,...2 GPC's (one for the contest), a re-do of an EV (I screwed up the blade of my "Desert Flame"), two of my "Chef's knives" (and one matching fork), and I'm trying to fit in practicing grinding my own blades...

So far, I seem to be able to pretty much sell these as I make them...and I'm getting top prices. To have to fill other orders on top of this, may be more than I'm willing to take on.

I'm still torn about making this too "business-like." I don't wish to bite off more than I can chew so I'm going to take it one step at a time. More than likely, a website will wind up being a part of my future in knifemaking. From all accounts, you 'da man for that when the time comes!

Dennis

Yeah Baby!

Tags
blade, knife, knives