MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 09-04-2001, 05:35 PM
J Loose

What J. Loose Does on the Weekend!

So I thought I'd share a bit of my sensitive, personal side:

Download this video... the guy in the very most foreground at the end of the clip is none other that yours truly!

images.pennsic.net/2001/v...tering.mpg

:rollin:
Old 09-05-2001, 01:43 AM
ansoknives

yeeehaaaw!...looks like lots of fun...each year we have a Viking festival where there is similar fighting...but only out on a field though.......It is amazing so few gets hurt in these kind of things!....FUN FUN FUN
Old 09-05-2001, 01:17 PM
Bob Warner

That is cool. Was that you that looked like he got clocked right at the end?
Old 09-06-2001, 07:58 PM
Mike Conner

That's cool stuff, but I will have to pass. I am to old for that stuff now. Don't heal up as quick as I used to
Mike
Old 09-06-2001, 08:54 PM
dogman

I didn't see the rabbit or the royal hand grenade
Old 09-06-2001, 09:00 PM
primos

: : :

Good one Dogman! I wonder how many makers out there are into Monty Python.

Old 09-07-2001, 01:26 AM
ansoknives

"We are the makers who goes..NEEEEEEH!!!!!!!"
Old 09-07-2001, 06:45 PM
J Loose

Oh, there are Monty Python jokes all over the place at those things... Next year at the castle I fully expect stuffed cows and rubber chickens to go flying over the walls...

I'm the guy at the very end who was hanging out of the window with the pointy blue helmet... nope I didn't get hit! I popped the battering ram leader in the face though... he's telling me '...good shot!' at the end, too. Heh. Still nursing a bad back over it all. Worth it, though...

Anyway... just thought it might prove entertaining to some.... Medievalism being one of the things that got me into bladesmithing.

They have a great appreciation for historically accurate blades in the SCA... I just wish more of them had money!
Old 09-08-2001, 01:59 AM
ansoknives

I am a big fan of the Monty guys.......even have compleete manuscript of all there tvshows....that is a real cool book.
Old 09-08-2001, 03:28 AM
primos

LAUNCELOT: Have we got bows?

ARTHUR: No.

LAUNCELOT: We have the Holy Hand Grenade.

ARTHUR: Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him! Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!

ARTHUR: How does it, um-- how does it work?

LAUNCELOT: I know not, my liege.

ARTHUR: Consult the Book of Armaments!

BROTHER MAYNARD: Armaments, Chapter Two, verses Nine to Twenty-one.

SECOND BROTHER: And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--

MAYNARD: Skip a bit, Brother.

SECOND BROTHER: And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'

MAYNARD: Amen.

KNIGHTS: Amen.

ARTHUR: Right! One... two... five!

Old 09-08-2001, 04:52 AM
ansoknives

LOL.....Hahahahaaa.....ya..!...... -"shall snuff it".....hahahaa
Old 09-10-2001, 10:48 AM
JerryO13

Greetings Sorcerer Tim... Greetings King Arthur

www.stone-dead.asn.au/
best monty python site I've found. Gotta love those Aussie's, sickest sence of humor around!