MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 12-06-2004, 07:31 AM
Skilled

The Antelope

Well I have been away for a bit with moving and getting resettled in our new home and area so not much time to fiddle with knives. But a friend I know asked me to make up a pair of knives one for him and one for his son. Turns out 10 years ago when his son was 14 he shot an antelope on a hunting trip out west. Dad just happened to be with him when it happened! On the trip back to Pennsylvania they lost half of the antelope rack. So he asked me if i could make up something for him and his son. I was happy to try and had a great time making these knives. As I understand it the son was to get his knife the night before this years whitetail season. To me this is one of the great things about knife making....you kinda become part of the project and what it is about and when you finish something like this up and see the look on your customers face...its worth more to me then the price I was paid.

Both are o-1 tool steel with a hand rubbed finsh.

Brass guards on both

The antelope buffed out to a great shine!

The sheaths are some of the first I made that came out ok....any comments about the leather work would be greatly appreciated...I just recently started trying to make sheaths...thanks to all the help from the guys in the leather section and what a difference a few tools make

Old 12-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Like anything else the sheaths will get better the more you make. They both look like they will work just fine. The knives turned out good to. Pretty interesting color for the horn. Was it hollow?

Old 12-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Skilled

Ray,

Its a little lighter then the picture but not much. The horn at the base is hollow...but out of that part i got the slabs to do the first knife. The second knife with the curved horn part is solid almost all the way through.

Ross
Old 12-08-2004, 01:56 AM
Guru

I especially like the top one but both look very well made. I am glad the owners appreciate the work that went into them. that sure does make a difference.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Guru

Nice job Ross. Looks like you did a fine job on both of them. Nice work on those Bolsters.

Shane

shane@shaneivieknives.com

Tags
knife, knife making, knives