MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------
New Posts | New PhotosAll Photos



Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Montejano's Avatar
Montejano Montejano is offline
Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Spain
Posts: 934
Utamaro by Montejano

Hello friends:

I show you some pictures and a video of my last engraving

Antonio

-----------------------



--------------



-------------



----------



------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7NStKMyZrbc
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-09-2011, 03:15 PM
micknives's Avatar
micknives micknives is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mark Brandenburg County, Germany
Posts: 47
Hi Antonio,

GREAT WORK!

Michael


__________________
michael jankowsky
www.micknives.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Don Cowles's Avatar
Don Cowles Don Cowles is offline
Founding Member / Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Posts: 2,192
Send a message via AIM to Don Cowles
Esplendido, mi hermano.


__________________


Don Cowles Custom Knives

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Jim Small's Avatar
Jim Small Jim Small is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Madison, Ga
Posts: 741
Bravo....Bravo!
You are the Great One....everything you do is fantastic!
I wish you lived next door...I would be at your home everyday....
I watched the video...it was very well done.
You have the patience of a true artist.
Question....
What's up with the bandaged hand....hope it gets better.
Your friend
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 PM
CWKnifeman CWKnifeman is offline
Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Burleson, Texas
Posts: 851
Antonio such a thing of beauty. You outdo yourself ever time that I see one of your pieces. The lady is so typical of the women of Japan during that peroid of history. Simply beautiful, and eligant. Hope that your hand is doing better now.
Curtis Wilson


__________________
Curtis Wilson
Wilson's Custom Knives, Engraving, and Scrimshaw
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Ed Tipton Ed Tipton is offline
Skilled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 352
I feel so Privilaged as a member of this forum to be able to view and bear witness to the collaborative efforts of two craftsmen such as these two artists. Their work is in my opinion simply above reproach and if anything made by human hands could ever approach perfection...this work surely does.
To use a much over-used term...I am truely in awe of their work.
I can't imagine the confidence they must have to invest so much time, energy, and patience in working especially early in a piece....knowing in their mind what the final design is going to look like... and knowing how much work is yet to be done... and how many times that piece is going to be worked on again with a tool. One little slip...one mistake...could undo so much time and effort.
These two men are surely at the pinnacle of their craft....and their work has earned my respect.
It would be interesting to know the total time it took to create that knife from start to finish.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Montejano's Avatar
Montejano Montejano is offline
Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Spain
Posts: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Small View Post
Bravo....Bravo!
You are the Great One....everything you do is fantastic!
I wish you lived next door...I would be at your home everyday....
I watched the video...it was very well done.
You have the patience of a true artist.
Question....
What's up with the bandaged hand....hope it gets better.
Your friend
Jim


First, apologize for my delay in responding. By overwork, personal issues and various reasons, been a long time without looking at this forum friend.
I apologize.
Friend Don Cowles, a pleasure to greet you my brother.

Friend Jim, thanks for the words. I appreciate your interest in my health. I had a severe sprain of the thumb and I have not been totally fine. Anyway not to keep me from doing my engravings.
For me it would be a pleasure to live with you, to share impressions and engraving techniques

a hug

Antonio
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Montejano's Avatar
Montejano Montejano is offline
Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Spain
Posts: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWKnifeman View Post
Antonio such a thing of beauty. You outdo yourself ever time that I see one of your pieces. The lady is so typical of the women of Japan during that peroid of history. Simply beautiful, and eligant. Hope that your hand is doing better now.
Curtis Wilson
Curtis friend
Thanks for the words and I'm better from my hand. I have been well enough to continue working.
a hug

Antonio
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Montejano's Avatar
Montejano Montejano is offline
Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Spain
Posts: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Tipton View Post
I feel so Privilaged as a member of this forum to be able to view and bear witness to the collaborative efforts of two craftsmen such as these two artists. Their work is in my opinion simply above reproach and if anything made by human hands could ever approach perfection...this work surely does.
To use a much over-used term...I am truely in awe of their work.
I can't imagine the confidence they must have to invest so much time, energy, and patience in working especially early in a piece....knowing in their mind what the final design is going to look like... and knowing how much work is yet to be done... and how many times that piece is going to be worked on again with a tool. One little slip...one mistake...could undo so much time and effort.
These two men are surely at the pinnacle of their craft....and their work has earned my respect.
It would be interesting to know the total time it took to create that knife from start to finish.
------------------

Tipton friend

A pleasure to greet you and I apologize for the delay in responding to your message.
Each craftsman or artist has a way of seeing reality around them. Each professional has a different way to express through their work.
This project was very exciting and I am very pleased with the outcome. It is very possible for me to do another anime recorded in the same style, to have two very similar pieces in my collection.

a hug
Anthony
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bee, design, hand, home, knife, made, project, video


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relief by Montejano Montejano Fine Embellishment 1 03-02-2014 03:35 PM
SR-1 by Montejano Montejano Fine Embellishment 4 07-16-2010 02:16 AM
Fallkniven by Montejano Montejano Fine Embellishment 8 03-29-2009 05:33 AM
For my friend Montejano hmarziali The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum 3 01-17-2006 07:23 PM
Site do Montejano paulorocha SBC Forum (Sociedade Brasileira de Cuteleiros) 0 01-13-2006 04:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.




KNIFENETWORK.COM
Copyright © 2000
? CKK Industries, Inc. ? All Rights Reserved
Powered by ...

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
The Knife Network : All Rights Reserved