MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 12-30-2001, 04:12 PM
CKDadmin

Welcome to the Knife Kit training and support forum!

I'm not sure how secret this project has been in it's development, because I've heard all sorts of speculation and such. However, I suppose this is the official announcement, so here goes ...

Over the last 6 or so months, we've been quietly developing a new company. The name of the new division is KnifeKits.com and, like it's name, will be a supply source for designer level knife kits. These are kits and designs that we are personally behind the design and manufacturing of, all of which will be available at the finer supply sites, hunting, fishing and other sporting goods outlets and many other distribution points, includeing directly from the new site. Currently, we are launching the project and site with 3 kit designs that we have in place. Over the next 60 days, additional kits that we have in various stages of the process will be added to the system. Then, as time moves forward, we'll be continually adding to the lineup, hopefully rounding out the product line to about 20-25 running and available kits. These will be signature designs that bare the names of the makers who's designs we've selected. In essence, we'll be attempting to break the current kit mold by offering the hottest new designs in folding, tactical, hunting and general utility knives, all of which being produced in the highest quality materials available and at varying degrees of finish and optional add-ons.

KnifeKits.com is about helping new makers and hobbyists learn to make top quality knives they can be proud to construct and carry, by offering them an easy to follow system supported by professional teachers and trainers.

This company was formed as a partnership between Briar Industries and Atlanta Virtual Internet Services, which is basically a joint ownership between Darrel Ralph and myself. Darrel has accepted the position as President of knifekits.com and will be heading up all aspects of the product-line, working with our kit designers and quality control of the product via it's manufacture. AV will handle the sales and distribution, thus marketing, advertising and affiliation controls.

I want to welcome Darrel to the CKD as the Kit Forum Moderator. If you have any question about working with the products or the necessities of building kits, whether they be knifekits.com productions or basic kits available elsewhere, he's here to help.

We hope this forum is a nice addition to the CKD community and want to use it to help knife making enthusiast's learn this awesome hobby. Who knows, today's kit maker may soon become tomorrow's master knife maker. If it accomplishes this goal and creates more avenues of enjoyment in the process, it's a winner!

If you would like to be one of the first to see the new site, look here:

Visit Knifekits.com today ... click here!

Alex
Old 12-30-2001, 04:42 PM
primos

Great idea. Congratulations to the new company and its owners.

With Darrel heading up the product-lines and quality control, along with Alex handling the sales, marketing, etc., this should be a big hit. By the way, the site looks fantastic too.

Old 12-30-2001, 05:37 PM
ansoknives

coooool website.....I look forward to see it grow...I don?t make kits but anything knife realated is interesting!
Old 12-30-2001, 06:07 PM
Don Cowles

Congrats, guys, and the best of luck with this new venture!
Old 12-30-2001, 06:50 PM
DC KNIVES

Most excellent,I agree that this sounds like a winning combination.And welcome to Darrel.Dave
Old 12-30-2001, 08:58 PM
CKDadmin

Thanks men!

Hope this forum becomes a great addition to the boards and helps us promote the art of knife making through the roof ...

Keep your eye peeled for our newly designed kits. We hope to launch some really killer designs in the near future. I've worked with, handled and practiced the assembly of all of the kit knives you see on the site now and I can tell you from personal experience, they are fantastic. Top notch stuff!

Alex
Old 12-30-2001, 09:43 PM
Taz575

Kit stuff

wow...sweet!!! Would youguys be interested in having people design stuff and email it to you? I have drawn up a ton of designs, but i'm not good enough to make them yet
Old 12-30-2001, 11:11 PM
DC KNIVES

Re: Kit stuff

Hey Alex, since you have been practicing with these kits,do this mean we can expect to see some of your work in the Display Forum.Dave
Old 12-30-2001, 11:31 PM
Bimjo

Most excellent idea gentlemen. I see Christmas presents in several stocking next year.

Well done!
Old 12-30-2001, 11:49 PM
MIKE KOLLER

Thanks in advance,for all the information that this will generate.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:37 AM
Roger Gregory

How did I miss this new forum popping up on CKD? Must be getting old....

I can only see good things happening from the launch of Knifekits.com and the forum.Good luck with the venture.

Super-slick AV website as usual even on a day when the web seemed sluggish.

Roger
Old 01-02-2002, 02:09 PM
JerryO13

Good luck with the new company!!!! hey Darrel look what it took to get you to register here

Tags
knife, knife making, knives