MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Living Legend

Unhappy Our Shane Ivie needs your Prayers and Support

I just got an email from our knifemaker pal, Shane Ivie, telling me that his father has just been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing more tests and investigations to discover the extent of his condition. Shane is very close to his Dad and understandably he is worried sick at the moment.

Shane has given me permission to put this on the forums to let you guys know. Your prayers and best wishes of support, would be much appreciated and felt by Shane and his family at this time of need.

Shane won't be able to get to the forums for a little while, so he asks for your patience and understanding.

Thanks. Jason.

(Matthew 10.16)
Old 12-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Master

That's a shame! My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Thanks for letting us know Jason.

Paul Vandine
Old 12-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Master

Jason

PM sent

Paul Vandine
Old 12-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Living Legend

Send a message via ICQ to BrB Send a message via MSN to BrB
Godspeed! Will keep him and his father on mine.

-------------------------------------------
Pesquise posts antigos antes de perguntar:
Use CKD Search
? mais r?pido e f?cil!
Old 12-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Living Legend

Shane,

Been there. Hipe everything works out well. It is surprising what bad news can be overcome with positive thinking and a good positive outlook.

Good luck to your dad and tell him to keep his spirits up.

Tumbling down the road at 35 MPH is no fun, TRUST ME!
Old 12-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Master

Shane,

We're not going anywhere. Take care of what's most important and get back to us at your own speed. Thoughts and prayers going out...

Chris
Old 12-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Guru

Dang, Its hard to stay away. I thought I would jump on to check an email to track a xmas package and my email was full of warm wishes from my friends, You guys are the greatest. Im not a very emotional person but like I told Jason earlier, I feel like my emotions are right in my throat and seep out a 100 times a day. Work is a bear. Im taking tomorrow off to go to the cancer institute for a CT Scan tomorrow and that will tell us everything. Good or Bad. It has to be good because im not ready to let him go. It just doesnt seem right that the best man in the world has to encounter something like this. Just sickens me. He is 59 Years old and feels like 30. He is as healthy as an ox. In the last few months we have put well over 1500 miles on our four wheelers, Chased Elk, Deer and Turkey. Knowing he feels so healthy makes me believe all is well and that weve caught it early. My only two brothers have severe Diabetes and I thought some day it will only be Mom, Dad and I if this diabetes does a number on them.......well now who knows.

Seems like sometimes life just isnt fair but I guess we keep chuggin. Thank goodness for friends and I do have a lot of them. I consider all of you my BEST friends and cherrish your thoughts and prayers for my Father at this time. Sorry to ramble but I got a little carried away.

Hope everyone is have a Merry Christmas so far.

Shane

shane@shaneivieknives.com
Old 12-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Guru

Shane,prayers are indeed inbound. I feel your pain as yesterday I found out my older sister has been diagnosed with stage 3 bladder cancer. She is 62, but is multipi-handdicapped with cerebral palsy, retardation and wheelchair bound.But she works everyday and lives at a great facility. Looks like we both had some bad news for Christmas. Hopefully all will work out for both our families.Dave Cole
Old 12-19-2005, 09:17 PM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Prayers sent, my friend. You'll be in our thoughts.

As hard as it may seem, I do want to wish you and your family a good Christmas. While merriness may be hard to come by, enjoy the holiday with your family.

Best wishes buddy. Take care.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 12-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Shane, when we talked the other night on the phone, I thought I detected something, some worry or concern. It's going to be a tough time no matter what happens. My Dad is 84. He raised me through age 16, then we became partners at my shop in 1980, and we've been together every day ever since. I know what you're going through, as my Dad has had some close calls. The enevitable will happen, for better or for worse, that's part of life. I'm hoping and praying that you and he will continue to have a great and caring relationship for a very long time to come. You have my number anytime you need to get together. Try and keep a positive outlook, we're all with you in this.

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 12-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Guru

Shane, Dave,

Hang tough, cancer is a bugger. I'm starting to think it is going to hit all of us one way or another. My mother, mother-in-law, and Grandmother all died from it, enjoy those close to you this holiday season.

Now, for better news. My uncle sounds a lot like your dad Shane. He fell while camping and went to the hospital to get his side checked. Turns out he had an internal organ (spleen I think) that was full of cancer. Good news is they caught it early and he is doing very good. No re-occurances, looks like it gone. Finding it early is key.

Best wishes to all of you, and hope that things turn out well.

--Carl

?? KN Auctions to help a member in need and score a GREAT deal! ??
Old 12-19-2005, 10:11 PM

I'm really pleased to hear how much you love your Dad. I pray for the best also.

Warm regards,

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 12-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Shane, you and your family are in our prayers. We understand - at least to some degree - what you're going through and we do care. You're not alone. Have faith that things will work out the way they are supposed to.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:41 AM

Best wishes in this troubling time buddy. Optimism is powerful medicine!

www.kansasknives.org

"Drawing your knife from its sheath and using it in the presence of others should be an event complete with oos, ahhs, and questions."
Old 12-20-2005, 02:22 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
Thoughts and prayers are with you.