MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Steel Addict

ABS School

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I've been on the forums, so hello and hope everyone's doing well! I'm finishing up my last week of summer classes at school, and getting ready to have the whole month of July to work in my shop. I'm also going to the ABS school for the Handles & Guards course on the 25-29th with J. Lambert. Is anybody from the forums going? I was also hoping to hear from somebody who's taken the handles & guards class before. Any ideas what to bring, and what type of projects we'll be tackling? I'd like to do some preparatory work in my shop so I can squeeze the most learning out of my one week in Arkansas. Anyway, just thought I'd see what kind of thoughts y'all have. It's a lot more fun to think about ABS school than do homework . . . thanks,

Josh

Old 06-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Skilled

Send a message via AIM to Ron Claiborne Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Claiborne
Talking

Josh glade to see your going to get time in your shop i know you are looking forward to it .what will you be doing this coming weekend .
a few of us are getting together at Len Landrums shop on saterday to study damascus and patterens ,if you can make it, we would like for you to be there .
it will start at 10;30 contact me if you can make ill give you driving instructions .it should be a good time and hopfully informative .
bowie damascus free but not for long

Last edited by Ron Claiborne; 06-22-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Steel Addict

Hey Bowie,

Thanks for the invite I'd love nothing better than to come to Len's, but I've got a full weekend and can't make it this Saturday. Any plans to do something like this again? I'd definitely like to come down if I can whenever y'all are working. Have fun,

Josh