MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2020, 07:46 PM

An Old Haunt Returns....

Had to sweep away some cobwebs, and jimmy the door, but it's nice to visit again. Sorry that no one seems to be participating on The Outpost any more.

Dana Acker back for a visit. I departed the forum (and knifemaking in general in the early 2000's) due to my wife having a long bout of catastrophic health issues. With life saving treatments come life altering bills. It soon became apparent that I was destined for ruinous litigation if I didn't get a job that paid more consistently than knife making, which I always said, "...was a good living if one doesn't have to eat."

I returned to school on a NAFTA grant and learned how to grow grapes and make wine. Upon graduation, I became a full-time lead commercial wine maker and head distiller. That said, I never got rid of my knife shop.

This past May I retired, and, consequently, returned to knifesmithing. The first day back in the shop was like I never left, with the exception that I found some muscles I had forgotten I had. But one has to suffer if one desires to sing the blues.

If any of the old gang ever drop by the Outpost just for old time's sake, do say hello. If any of you would care to drop me a line, my email is still: ackerforge@yahoo.com

Here's to all the good times! I hope all my old Neo-Tribal and post Neo-Tribal brothers and friends (and friends I haven't met yet) are doing well. Hats off to Chuck Burrows and Jeff Sanders, who have left us too soon.

So long, and thanks for letting me visit on this once hallowed ground again. Maybe I'll drop by and fix the door, unstick the window, give the place a good dusting and hopefully meet up with some of y'all again. Dana

P.S. My old website is still listed on my post? FYI it is no longer live.

Last edited by Dana Acker; 08-26-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Tags
a, abs, arizona, art, back, blade, ca, craft, demo, dust, fac, forging, how to, interesting, knife, knife making, knifemaking, make, makers, materials, post, primitive, search engines, shop, tribal