MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 10-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Skilled

Send a message via AIM to justice
latest work in progress

well it just about finnished besides cleaning it up a bit ( still ruff arownd the edges)what do you guys think? its just that i feel like its missing some thing any ideas?

...justin
Old 10-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Master

looks pretty finished to me. about all i would do is use a diff. pocket clip, looks too small to me epsecially with it off to the side like that. just my opinon, but still looks really nice

Bill:evil

Old 10-19-2003, 09:16 PM

It looks really good so far. I love the way the handles came out. Only thing that I might suggest would be maybe something like some thumb ramp grooves behind the blade and bolsters or a little bit of filework. Nice work

Dave Bettencourt
Old 10-20-2003, 02:47 AM
Enthusiast

Hey Justice...Love that handle man!

Where'd you get the idea for that? I've been lookin' at some of Jason Cutters' work the past month or so...and thought that would be a cool idea to incorporate into the kit handles? Looks awesome!!

Is that the Green G10 sheet stock from the kit website? What did you use to shape the handle lke that...regular files or maybe a dremel?

I was lookin at that Fibermascus material Mr. Cutter's been using (http://www.fibermascus.com ) on his blades...they have some real interesting stuff!

I also noticed a blade by Clint Chisan ( http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/at...postid=2331797 ) in the gallery of Bladeforums.com that looked like it had the silver G10 on the handle....looked real sharp with the blue G10 bolsters he used!

Anyway...just wanted to say "Great Job!" on those handles!

shane

SHANKnives & Design
Old 10-20-2003, 03:53 AM
Skilled

thanks for the kind words.
Omega- i agree with the larger clip idea this is just what came with the kit. on my next order im going to get a few of the biger clips that thay sell on knifekits.com. thanks for the advice i think thats what it needs.

daveb- im not quite sure what you meen by "thumb ramp grooves behind the blade and bolsters" there is a nice groove behind the thumb studd that cuts directly through the blade and bolsters mabey its just not visible in these pics. i will try and get a better one up of that area.

sere_usaf- im not sure who or where i got the idea to do that but jason Cutter could very well be the source of insperation.
i think its green g10 sure looks green to me. but i ordered black g10 oh well im happy. and it is from knifekits.com but its not sheat stock it was the ruff cut scales for the ddr1. i used 2 regular files to shape them out. no dremel to dusty altho it would be better.i needed that fibermascus link thank you. yea that siver g10 does look real good.

what do you guys think about orange spacers?

thanks again guys feed back is key....justin
Old 10-20-2003, 12:42 PM
Master

personaly i only like thumb groves on a skinner or other up close user but it could look good on any knife check this knife out for a nice example

http://www.ckdforums.com/showthread....=thumb+grooves

bill:evil

Old 10-20-2003, 12:44 PM

Wow .. Looks very unique.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:40 PM
Skilled

thank you omega now i understand what daveb was saying. and i think it would look good on this knife rite in the thumb indent i made alredy. i might try that i will defintly give it a try in photoshop see how it looks befor i go and start cuting in to it.

thanks darrel im trying my best with the limeted tools and knowledge i have to keep out side of that thing i keep hearing about. whats i called again oh i think thay call it the box?
if i was standing in the box would i know about it?
...justin

Tags
blade, knife