MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > General ::: Items and Bargains

General ::: Items and Bargains Good deals on useful items for sale by Knife Network members

Old 08-03-2013, 04:26 PM

Nielsen interchangeable disc grinder system group buy

Group buy for Nielsen disc grinder system
Since there has been very positive feedback on the Nielsen interchangeable disk system, I thought I would put together a group buy.

I have spoken with Wayne Coe about this and these are the details.

http://www.nielsendesigndiscgrinder.com/Welcome.html

The deal is as follows:If there is a purchase of a minimum of 10 hubs with two disks per each hub we will be able to include an extra thin disk at no charge, plus shipping of $12.35 and insurance of $9.25 CONUS. Please go to the site to read up on the various plates. The hub is $254, flat plate is $54, 1 degree bevel plate is $67 and the modified flat plate is $60. Pick and choose what you want. The thin flat disk that is the free disk offered with the sale of a minimum of 10 hubs and 20 disks (either standard flat, modified flat or 1 degree beveled) is half the thickness of the standard flat disk. There is a 1/8? thick center indexing extension on the hub so with the thin flat disk this extension would be sticking out beyond the disk. Any disk should be used with a pad between the disk and the abrasive paper to allow a smoother surface and to prevent uneven wear on the disk. Wayne sells such a self adhesive material for $5.00 per disk. Some people use automotive gasket material or sheet cork.

For each motor, VFD, wiring kit, Wayne will include a free VFD mounting bracket with a minimum of 5 units. Wayne offers free shipping CONUS on the motors and VFDs. The VFD for a 1 hp motor is $350.00 with the reversing switch. The 1 hp motor is $239.50 for the rolled steel motor. If ordering the motor for$239.50, then the wiring kit is $45.00. So the shipping and insurance is the same (CONUS ONLY) if you get a motor and disc or just the Interchangeable Disk System.

Payment would be made to Wayne and shipment will be from Wayne to you directly.

If you are interested, please post here or email me so I have a running list. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:02 PM

3 more needed to make 10.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 PM

Here is a great review:

http://www.caffreyknives.net/RodsDisc.html
Old 08-07-2013, 10:29 PM

Others might be interested since I have been asked this a few times. The Beaumont Metal Works workrest does work with the Nielsen Disc system. This would be an incredibly versatile pairing.

The Beaumont Metalworks sub forum on knife dogs.com has a couple of good threads, one with photos of it with the BMW work rest.

Last edited by PT Doc; 08-09-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:59 PM

UPDATE: we are good to go with the group buy. Yay! :-) Its great to see this come together. Please email me for more information. Thanks
Old 08-10-2013, 09:16 AM

Emails sent to all individuals that contacted me. Please contact Wayne Coe to finalize order. Thanks to everyone for following through.

Here is the contact info for Wayne Coe. Payment will be made to him and he will be sending the discs to you. Please contact him to get the exact final pricing for the items you want and shipping costs.

Wayne Coe
Artist Blacksmith
669 Peters Ford Road
Sunbright, Tennessee 37872
423-628-6444
waynecoe@highland.net
www.waynecoeartistblacksmith.com
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Since there has been very positive feedback on the Nielsen interchangeable disk system, I thought I would put together a group buy.

I have spoken with Wayne Coe about this and these are the details.

http://www.nielsendesigndiscgrinder.com/Welcome.html
The deal is as follows:If there is a purchase of a minimum of 10 hubs with two disks per each hub we will be able to include an extra thin disk at no charge, plus shipping of $12.35 and insurance of $9.25 CONUS. Please go to the site to read up on the various plates. The hub is $254, flat plate is $54, 1 degree bevel plate is $67 and the modified flat plate is $60. Pick and choose what you want. The thin flat disk that is the free disc offered with the sale of a minimum of 10 hubs and 20 disks (either standard flat, modified flat or 1 degree beveled) is half the thickness of the standard flat disk. There is a 1/8? thick center indexing extension on the hub so with the thin flat disk this extension would be sticking out beyond the disk. Any disk should be used with a pad between the disk and the abrasive paper to allow a smoother surface and to prevent uneven wear on the disk. Wayne sells such a self adhesive material for $5.00 per disk. Some people use automotive gasket material or sheet cork. This disc is thin and will allow you to get into tighter places.

For each motor, VFD, wiring kit, Wayne will include a free VFD mounting bracket with a minimum of 5 units. Wayne offers free shipping CONUS on the motors and VFDs. The VFD for a 1 hp motor is $350.00 with the reversing switch. The 1 hp motor is $239.50 for the rolled steel motor. If ordering the motor for$239.50, then the wiring kit is $45.00. So the shipping and insurance is the same (CONUS ONLY) if you get a motor and disc or just the Interchangeable Disk System.

Payment would be made to Wayne and shipment will be from Wayne to you directly.

Wayne has had several people contact him wanting to buy now but don't want to miss out on the good deal.
He has offered to each of these that if they want to go ahead and buy the system now at full price (1 hub, two standard disks and one thin flat disk), when the threshold of 10 hubs and two standard disks with each hub is reached, he will immediately refund the cost of the thin flat disk. And when the threshold of 5 motors, VFD's and wiring kits is met he will refund the cost of the VFD mounting bracket.

If you have any questions or wish to discuss this please call Wayne or send an e-mail. You will need to keep in touch with me as well so that i can keep a tally as to when these thresholds are met.

Anyone buying may want to contact Wayne with their list of items so that he can figure their exact cost.

This is the first time that Rod and Wayne ever offered anything like this and I don't know if it will ever be offered again. Don't hesitate if you want to get in on this offering. Hopefully we can meet the needed numbers.

If you are interested, please let me know so I have a running list. Thanks.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
Old 08-22-2013, 09:05 PM

This group buy ends on 8/31/2013. Please contact Wayne and make arrangements to get the payment to him by then. I have sent all the details to everyone that has made posts here and also to those that contacted me via email. If you did not receive the information and want it, please email me. Thanks

Tags
beaumont metalworks, bee, bevel, choose, flat, kit, kits, made, make, material, nielsen, post, rod, steel, surface