MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Skilled

this on the stupid side I think...

this on the stupid side I think...

I have to agree. For now this is just a part time thing for me it would be hard to shell out 1300 for a book.

P.S. If you do decide to sell one of the books for cheap lemme know cause I know a guy

Old 03-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Steel Addict

Hey Guys

That one sold this morning for $100.00. Now that is a little more reasonable. I didn't buy it because I thought Ryan just might.

I have never seen a copy, nor do I make folders, but I don't consider $100.00 to be excessive for quality reference or instruction. Now $1,300 is truly insane unless Shadley and Davis are looking over each shoulder to guide you personally.

It is ALL about the HUNT.

Tony
Old 03-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Skilled

I agree

I thought the 100 was reasonable, but I didn't bid on it. My wife has been teaching me how to do the ebay thing. I've never done it and I'm a little weary of stuff I've never tried. And by the way Tony is what the knifemaking thing is all about. He emailed me to let me know about this book, took his time and also sent me a private message. Tony hope you didn't think you were wasting ur time now the wife has me set straight I'm going to watch ebay more.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:41 AM
Steel Addict

Hey Ryan

I don't feel like time spent with this brotherhood is EVER a waste of time. I certainly have gotten so much more here than I could ever repay. Just trying to do my share when I can.

On eBay you are fairly protected if you pay with a credit card thru paypal. IF problems arise chargeback is the last option. 99 percent of the sellers I have dealt with are honest and sincere.

But in several years I have learned to ask the seller many questions before the auction ends. If they do not answer, well they must not need my business.

ALSO inquire if they will pad the book well and ship it inside a box. This is my greatest problem on eBay. It seems as if some sellers don't seem to value their books as much as I do. Or are not knowledgeable about just how much damage the postal system can inflict. A book in excellent condition destroyed by damage due to insufficient packaging is a heartbreaker. The post office is NOT going to change, so you have to insure packing is bombproof.

We probably need a thread on eBay it self. As I already mentinioned to Ryan the search engines are fantastic, but they are very specific. If you know how to search you can still find treasures on eBay. You can save up to 100 favorite searches on your "My eBay page" and use them over and over. The key is knowledge, patience and persistance.

OK, this is getting rather long winded.

Tony
Old 04-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Enthusiast

I am not sure of the price, but Shadley has his section of the book for sale as a shop manual. You can go to the Knifemaker's Guild website and get his email and contact him that way. That should be cheaper - not sure about Davis and his section.

Old 04-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Master

Ryan.
I did send you an email. Did you get it and will you be responding to it? Frank

Old 04-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Skilled

Yes sir

Got the email and did respond. Let me know if it didn't come through. I appreciate it. Ryan

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives