MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 07-17-2001, 07:05 PM
viper5192

That's not a knife!!!!

THIS is a knife! ;-)

And I mean to tell ya!!! This is a forged blade of 5160, the Blade is 12 3/4" long with a rustic "S" guard and a HUGE Sambar Stag crown for a handle. This fit and finish on this baby is superb, and it sits in your hand like it belongs there! I dare say this one would chop down a tree although I have yet to try. This knife would bring tears to a mountain man's eyes! And the leather sheath musta used half a cow to make ;-)

The maker's name is Gibb Guignard. He is an Arizona maker and I must say looking at and handling 12 different knives of his has been a pleasure for me!

If you wish to see more of his knives, they will be on my site late tonight!
Old 07-18-2001, 01:01 AM
Metalpressr

Bowie by Gibb

Hey Viper, just saw this knife made by Gibb. I have had the pleasure to talk to him a few times on the phone. A very pleasant person and very helpful. I have sent him a bunch of Elk tips, all around two foot in length. He was so pleased, he sent me a few pieces of Iron wood as a thank you. One nice fella. I have been very curious to what his knives look like, and being he may check his email once a week, it looks like he'll never have a web site to display his work. So thanks much for posting the Bowie pic. Headed over now to your site to check out your stuff as well as what ever else of Gibb's that you may have. Regards, Charles

www.sauerknives.com
www.montanaknifehandlesupply.com
Old 07-18-2001, 02:39 AM
viper5192

Re: Bowie by Gibb

Yes Gibb is a nice guy and his work is very nice. I did just put up ~10 of his knives in New Makers!

Tags
blade, knife, knives