MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 01-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Enthusiast

New to the Randall scene

I am new to this, I hit the wrong photo to upload. Sorry! I hope this one is better. I just received my new Randall Knives from a friend. He has been guiding me through this whole process. I have read a couple of the Randall books and have seen numerous photos and knives in person. I am hooked!

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Randall Photo 100_0267.JPG (79.2 KB, 131 views)
Old 01-20-2006, 09:44 AM

Good morning, Chris! We LOVE new addicts coming into the fold. Looks like you have a great start. I'm not sure what books you have, but the ones certainly worth reading and having available for reference are those by Bob Gaddis, Bob Hunt (2 with a 3rd coming this year), Pete Hamilton and Dominique Beaucant. This is also a great place to ask questions about where to find Randalls, whether or not you're paying a fair price for one, how to take care of them and just about any other question you can come up with. As a bonus, there are a lot of good people who share your interest and new friends to be made.

Best for now,

Ron

Last edited by BoBlade; 01-20-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:50 PM

Welcome oakwood304!

Howdy Chris!

Welcome to these here forums.

Ya sure got a fine lookin' trio a Randalls to get ya goin'!

Great bunch a guys here, but watch our for that Moosehead fella...

Sorry gotta, run, always trouble to deal with...

Best

RM

P.S. Any friend a Mike's a friend a mine!

Faster than a Starflight. More powerful than a #14 Attack. Able to leap continents with a single mouse click. Look! Up in the sky! It's a knife. It's a sheath. It's Randall Man! A strange visitor from Mars who came to Earth with powers far beyond those of mortal men. Randall Man - who can change the course of streams of consciousness, bend steel with his bare hands, and who, disguised as ?, mild mannered collector of RMK, fights the unending battle for Truth, Justice and the Humane Way.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Steel Addict

Chris (aka "Putz") has been coming over to the House now for the last couple of years, Drooling all over my Randalls!!!! I could see that he really appreciated the Randall Story & History. I sent him home a few times with some Older Randalls that he seemed to like to look at, along with a copy of the "Randall Bible" to read & review. After some consideration, Chris put together an Order for his own Randalls, with my advice. I just happened to have a Order "On Reserve" for some 10 "Unspecified" Randalls that I placed back in 2002. We put together 3 knives for him to be actual "Users". So he got these 3 knives just 2 weeks ago to start off his collection, all at 2002 Randall Catalog prices, plus Shipping!!!! I guess you can conclude that I "Take Care" of my Good Friends"!!!!! He is going to have to wait 54 more months though to get the next 2 Randalls he just placed on Order for. I can't help him with that.
I also sent him over to this Board, since I know he will meet a lot of Nice Randalloligists!!!
So now you all know how the "Mooch" takes care of his Friends!!!

Last edited by mhwwlmc; 01-21-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:47 PM

Welcome mhwwlmc!

Great to have you aboard Mike, and thanks for steering your pal Chris over this way.

Even better that you have got him started on the RMK addiction, for which there is no known cure. It was very good of you to relinquish three spots to him from your Randall order.

Of course as you said, now he's on his own.

By the way Chris, pay no mind to that silly pal of mine, Randall Man. He's just not right...

Cheers!

Moosehead

P.S. "Mooch" and "Putz", sounds like a great tag team, or somethin'...

P.P.S. "Randalloligists"... it has a nice ring to it.

Tags
knives