MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Registered

How much is my knife worth?

Hey guys, new here.

Just wondering how much this knife is worth, I don't remember where I got it. On the knife it says Heritage.

Here are some pictures, I know they aren't very good, if needed I can get some better ones.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:21 AM

Hard to say... I did a webs earch and turned up dozens of knives with the word Heritage associated with them. AS for company names, there was one that made printing press blades but nothing on folders.

The knife you picture looks like a kit knife that could be ordered from TKS and assembled for $30-$60. Of course, that's just looks. I have no way of knowing what yours is made of of. Is it stamped or marked with numbers or letters anywhere else? ...'Made in' marks perhaps?

I can see that the HERITAGE name is trademarked by the little round blurry thing to the right of the E, but I just can't find anymore references.

Where it was made, and what it was made of, is probably the best indicator of worth. Anywhere in Asia, will likely lower the value. A European make might raise it (in very general terms). Perhaps someone more knowledgable will chime in.

In any case, it looks handy as a knife and that makes it valuable!

www.kansasknives.org

"Drawing your knife from its sheath and using it in the presence of others should be an event complete with oos, ahhs, and questions."
Old 06-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Skilled

As Andy said, this looks for all the world like one in a series of kit knives that you can see here:
http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=1
(look at the FL- series down near the bottom)

The kits run under $20 for the parts including the basic, pre-made, dymondwood handle scales (which this appears to have). That particular knife style is not represented on knifekits.com or texasknife.com, but I'm sure a thorough search would turn up something similar.

As far as assembled value? Dunno. I assume the blade is 440 stainless, which is fairly standard on mass produced blades. If it is a kit knife, assembled and logo-etched, I would expect retail value in the range Andy mentioned. Actually, I would lean toward the lower end, more in the $40 range assuming someone took care to make sure the action is smooth and lockup is positive.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies guys.

The only other wording on the knife is "STAINLESS".

Tags
blade, knife, knives