MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:45 PM

DDR3-BL handle screws

Are the handle screws for the DDR3-BL Button Release actually 1-72's, or are they a metric equal ? I thought I read this somewhere on the site. The reason I ask is I would like to replace them with gold plated screws that are 1-72's.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:22 PM

Technically that are a metric equivalent...but they are pretty much interchangeable with 1-72's. The gold-plated 1-72's you have in mind should work just fine...

BTW- Speaking from past experience...When buying the gold-plated screws, check with your source to find out if they are Torx, Hex, or whatever. It would be a drag to get the screws, only to learn that you can't do anything with them until you locate the right type and size of driver. A couple of years ago, I purchased some gold-plated screws at one of the knife shows, that used an unusually small size of hex...smaller than anything I had on hand. Luckily we happen to have a high-end electronic supply store nearby that sells every type of small-sized driver imagineable...so I was able to use the screws that night. Otherwise I might of had to track down the correct-sized driver online...and then wait for it to arrive.

Make sure to post pics of your finished DDR-3...with the gold screws of course!

Dennis Greenbaum

Last edited by Osprey Guy; 07-30-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:02 AM

Srew size

I'm glade to here they will work. I will post pictures when its done, but it will be a while. I have a lot of work to make it like I want to, and not a lot of time to work on it.I plane to cover what I learned in the process in case it might help others in the assembly of DDR3-Bl. Thank you Dennis for all your quick replies, they have helped a lot. I've forged and made fixed blades for a while, but this is my first folder.I figured a kit knife would be a good place to start, and I am learning a lot. I am registered to take a liner lock folder class at the Sierra Fire and Forge School in late October. I can hardly wait. Again, thank you very much for the help.

Tony G.

Tags
knife