MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Texas Knifemakers and Collectors Association

Texas Knifemakers and Collectors Association Dedicated to promoting custom knives and knifemakers.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Skilled

Update - TKCA Central Texas Knife Show

Here is the latest information since the last posting about the TKCA Central Texas Knife Show. The contract is signed for the show room at the hotel. We have a guarantee of 60 6 foot tables and 40 8 foot tables, although we can only accommodate a combination of about 80 tables max in the show room.
TKCA board member, Leon Treiber, has accepted the position as show chairman. Chris Carlson will run the show for us on the weekend of the show. Their contact information follows.
Leon Treiber at treiberknives@hotmail.com, 1-830-739-5111, or Chris Carlson at 512-642-6556 (H), or 512-497-0892 (C).

So far we have only one volunteer that is offering his help to promote the show.....A rough "working show flyer" has been put together and Steven Patterson in Houston is making copies, to be delivered to Texas Knifemakers Supply... these will be mailed out in their supply orders. This won't cost us anything as Steven's company is allowing him to make the copies at work, and Texas Knifemakers Supply has agreed to mail the flyers out for no charge. Our thanks go out to these guys.

We're needing anyone in the Austin/Roundrock/Georgetown areas that can contact the Chamber of Commerce and get us listed on their Events Calenders. Also, a contact needs to be made with these individual city offices and get listed on their events calenders also. Contact Leon if you live in or around these areas and can help out with these. This is important and needs to be done asap.

Leon is working on getting a design done for our brochure, but we still need to get some price quotes to get the best price on printing on 1000-2000 color brochures. We need these printed for distribution as soon as possible.

That's about all for now. Keep us all informed by posting here of anything you are doing in your area, or suggestions that you have that will help make our show more successful.

Also, send Don Robinson any news from your shop, show news, photos, tool tips, etc. for the upcoming issue of the newsletter.

More later.

Johnny Stout
President
Texas Knifemakers & Collectors Association

Last edited by Johnny Stout; 03-02-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Johnny, when I started my first newsletter I googled shops that print newsletters. I found that they all require a minimum of 1,000 pieces or so. No good for the newsletter, which has always been under 100 pieces, but they may be good for the brochures.

Try googling and you may find a good shop.

I have a couple of small print shops in my area. Please send me a rough description of the brochure
(single page printed both sides, color, one fold?) and I'll get prices here. I think they might be willing to do 1,000, but I'm pretty sure they'll do 2,000.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Skilled

Thanks Don. Leon's daughter is doing the design on the brochure. When she has it ready we'll make it available to everyone that can get us an estimate for a bulk printing.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Guru

I finally got the quote from my guy yesterday. I'll forward it to you when I get a chance (I'm in Las vegas right now).

Tags
knife