MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Tool Time

Tool Time Let's talk shop. Equipment, Tips & Tricks, Safety issues - Post it here.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:32 PM
RIP 11-09-2011

Enjoy the little things in life, because the big ones escape us too easily.
Thank you all for blessing me so.
We did not get to go fishing, but the day with my kids was awesome, and so was the coffee.
I need to rest for a while, but I'll be back at it shortly.
Thanks again and God bless.
Geno
Old 08-24-2011, 05:19 PM
RIP 11-09-2011

victory report from Geno

I have been doing great since I've come home, I enjoyed a fabulous milk shake for the first time in years. Blue Bell homemade vanilla with cherries in it, MMMmmmmm

I wanted to share a message I recieved from an athiest friend who wrote, "My God Gene, even I will be praying for you."
If an athiest starts praying for you, I guess I did something right, eh?
Thanks guys, feeling great (Most of the time), and making the best during the rest.
God bless, Gene
Old 08-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Skilled

nice....

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword.... (Hebrews 4:12)

My YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/ARCustomKnives
Check it out and Subscribe!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:45 AM
RIP 11-09-2011

Geno Non-Knife

By now most know this is not a knife thread, but an account of my health and record.
I had a most wonderful day with my 2 youngest boys and daughters out fishing at my brother's house yesterday. We caught fish, swam in his pool, ate well, laughed our heads off, and told on each other till the kids fell over laughing.
My kids did not know Dad was a bad "___" in his youth (as I am a peace lover now)

I will post pics once I get them from my sister in law.
I may not have many days left like that one, but my kids will remember yesterday for a lifetime I'm sure.
I lost my dad when I had just turned 12, so this was especially important to me, I want my kids to all know Dad.
I have 9 children and 9 grandchildren now, between all I have done, ALL of which are precious to me.

I have learned to live each day as my last as both my wife and I are terminal now.
I helped her to get strong for the last 3 wonderful years, now she helps me to go through this with dignity towards my kids.

Last report was the tumors have all but doubled in size, and I won't have much longer to live, but rest assured I will make the BEST of each day I am given.
I have some orders to fill (God willing) and some videos to finish, plus MUCH training with students and friends who will keep things rolling in my absents.
I have a video crew training to make more videos, an editing crew being trained to make them professional, students in my shop to make parts for the Ultimate Knife Kit, Ed Caffrey has graciously accepted to keep my forums running and family friendly, Bob Warner will head up our new classisfied add section, a team of lovely ladies to carry on the web page stuff and answer the phones for my "CUSTOM KNIFE" site @ Centercross.com. There is plenty of damascus steel for lots of blades, almost 100 knives made up for my family to live on for a while (All of which are "one of a kind" of course,) the education page keeps growing, the vendors are being added this week for the UKK and forums section. My prayer is to leave an enhieratence for my children's children as well as your children's children.
My Dream was to make Custom Knives Known and understood better than wal mart knives.
Almost anything you want to know about custom knives, and how to make them, can be found at my new site. I work on it every day, as do many friends helping. My time may be short, but my visions still look higher (as elijah told elisha)
While I am quite ready to meet my maker, I still have work to do here on Earth and pray I get to finish each task asked of me before I go home to my mansion above.

It has been a vision of mine to combine the talents of many knife makers. My video company proves this to be doable. Now I ask to simply have it all carry on for future generations via the new centercross.com web site.
I am putting things in place to insure this new site will become a legacy for YOU as well as who I was in the knife world.

I am the UNKNOWN KNIFE MAKER,(by choice) known only as Center Cross. Today Center Cross has MANY well known artists all working together.
Today is another day (Thank you Lord) I will celebrate and be glad in it.
I feel pretty good and am doing all the things the docs said NO, you can't do that.
Little do they know, the Joy of the Lord IS my strength.
I didn't mean to preach, I just wanted everyone to know I won't stop because of what I am told by man.

I am humbled by the thoughts and prayers that have gone out for my family and I. I appreciate each and every one (especially the atheists who don't believe in MY God)
I am still the MOST blessed man alive (in my opinion) and plan to bless all I can, while I can.
Thanks, peace, and love go out to everyone for remembering me for who I am and what I stood for.
Humbly yours, Geno
Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

God Bless!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:15 PM

Hi Gene,

My thoughts are with you, but more important how YOUR thoughts and actions are having an effect on me.

You are still the inspiration, and are showing the best of your Christian faith. I'm not, but that's irrelevant.

Thank you. I have (2) of your folders. They are extra special now.

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 08-30-2011, 04:12 AM
Enthusiast

Amen Geno..bless u and urs...
Old 08-30-2011, 08:25 AM
RIP 11-09-2011

Coop, if inspiration made my knives more valuable, I should be rich.
I seek to inspire the best in all of us.
I've watched as you have climbed the ranks, and you,Sir, inspire me.
irrelevant? NO ONE's faith, actions, or reactions are irrelevant my friend.
We are who we are, each determined by defining moments in time.
Each day is an opportunity and "A" choice must be made, either way.
It all comes down to memories, yours, mine, and everyone who knows you.
The question is "how" do you want to be remembered?

We are ALL works in progress and we are all given choice (each day) no matter how slim.
BE who YOU "want" to be. Don't be who you don't. Sounds simple enough for even the children to understand, yet as adults we compromise often. Don't give in. Fight the good fight.
Geno
Old 08-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Skilled

Geno, I have talked to you briefly at the last few Blade Shows. Your strong witness for the Lord meant a lot to me. We should never be ashamed of the gospel of Christ and always be ready to give an account of what God has done in our life. I found this to be true of you sir, and I am grateful for you testimony. You are most defiantly leaving a great legacy of faith , hope and love for your family. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
I know the healer, and I will be petitioning Him on your behalf. God Bless you Brother.

John Costa

GEORGIA CUSTOM KNIFEMAKERS GUILD / CHARTER MEMBER
Old 09-03-2011, 08:57 PM
RIP 11-09-2011

Thank you all, each and every prayer makes it easier for me, Thanks.
I am doing quite well, just took family out for dinner tonight and spent the day with my youngest kids (from Pat or some of you knew her as knife wife)
I have a Lock back Folders, how to type thing going on at my forums right now at centercross.com/forums, getting started thread. For those who have my newest video "Producing Lock back Folders", you can pretty much follow along.
This will probably be my last internet lesson, but the videos will continue as will Custom Knife News Center Forums, and the new Ultimate Knife Kit Co. Vendors are being signed daily.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words, they make me feel useful, still.
May God use me till the LAST breath leaves me. (sometime way down the road)

Please be sure to tell those you love and live with how important they are too, everyone wants to be appreciated, and you guys,
(and gals) have done a wonderful job helping me hang in there.
Hadn't posted in a while, but I doing great for now, Thanks again.
Geno
Old 09-08-2011, 11:30 AM
RIP 11-09-2011

Alex

Thank you for taking the time to call an old friend, it really cheered me up just hearing from you. You are still a class at in my book Brother, God bless
Geno
Old 09-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Steel Addict

Bravo to you sir!! Your courage and enthusiasum for life should be a model for us all. My prayers and best wishes to you and yours.

Jerry Fisher
Old 09-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Living Legend

Geno,

I take some time away from the forum and shop due to the heat and I get back and one of the first things I see is this.

The few times we have talked at the Spirt of Steel and the shop tour at your place seem so little now that the time has gone by.

You have touched a lot and not just in your videos. You will have a lasting legacy in the knife world.

Just remember being at peace and accepting what will come doesn't mean giving up.

Jim

Old 09-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Skilled

Gene
I just found this thread and unlike Don I sit here with tears streaming down my face.
The only consolation is I know you are at peace with our Lord.I will pray for you daily my friend.
Thanks for all the kindness and inspiration you have given over the years.
Stan

Old 09-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Skilled

Send a message via Yahoo to combs6136
Gene, You are my inspiration.............May God Bless you.............carl

Tags
art, awesome, blade, cancer, custom, damascus, files, for sale, image, kit, knife, knife kit, knife making, knifemaker, knives, post, shop tour, software