MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Skilled

Send a message via MSN to chrisinbeav Send a message via Yahoo to chrisinbeav
Unhappy Signing off...

Well gentlemen....

I've been trying to fight through it, but appearantly it's not going to happen.

Ever since my grinders broke down, I haven't been able to get back in sync. I haven't been able to produce a single knife since. Plus I am totally flat broke to boot.

I will be shutting down my website including my webmail. I am no longer going to be on DSL. I am going to see if I can find a free dial up though. So I will also be losing my current email address.

I might still do a kit knife from time-to-time if I can get the money.

I appreciate everyone's input and guidance while I've been doing this knife thing. I love it to death. All of you are really top notch in my book.

Thanks again,

Chris Nilluka

P.S.: My website and email will probably be down by the end of the week. I'll miss you all.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

It may take some time but things will work out for you. Come back when you can...we'll be here...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 10-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Chris, sorry to see you leave us. Maybe it won't be for long. Once you get yourself all stabilized and comfortable, come on back, we'll be eager to see what you can come up with!
Take care bud.
Robert

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 10-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Skilled

Chris, I can understand what you're going through, hang in there it'll get better.

I don't have much but I would be happy to send you enough materials to make a knife or, if you can wait a few weeks I'll be grinding some fixed blades. I can send you one of those with some handle materials.

Let me know,
Dave

dakcon@comcast.net
Old 10-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Skilled

Sometimes life hands you lemons Chris, you just have to figure out how to make lemonade. Good Luck!

A.T.

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."
Tom Gresham
Old 10-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Been there, done that, lost the t-shirt, too. Hard times just help you put things in better perspective. Everybody's your friend when the beer keg is full. You find out who really is when it's empty. Things will turn around, amigo. Meanwhile, we'll keep you in our prayers.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Master

Chris,

I'll back Dave with materials. Let us know what you need. Do you realize how cool this hobby is compared to most? For relative low cost, you can turn a modest profit. Compare that to, ummm, say *cough* golf *cough*. Can you say "greens fees"?

Also, who ever said you need a website to justify yourself as a maker? Sheesh, let it go if times are tough. Don't stop making though.

You obviously have the drive. Shut up and get back in there for God's sake. Make something...anything.

Chris

P.S. TexasJack- You never once mentioned you had a keg. I feel hurt by this news...
Old 10-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Skilled

Send a message via MSN to chrisinbeav Send a message via Yahoo to chrisinbeav
Thanks for all the fond farewell/s gentlemen... they are appreciated..

Chris and Dave I do appreciate the offer, but I think I'll pass. I think this will be a lot easier for me to take if it's not looming over me. But like I said, I appreciate the offer.

Robert... thanks again for the satanite. I know I've thanked you before.

Chris Nilluka

Last edited by chrisinbeav; 10-12-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Well, yes you did thank me before, and you didn't need to do it that time, or this time. It was yours for the asking. You do what you think is best, no one knows you better than yourself. You can always come back later when you're back up to speed.

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 10-13-2005, 04:26 AM
Skilled

Chris, sorry to hear the bad news. You'll be missed around here. If there is anything that you need to talk about or maybe I can help you with, e-mail me.

Trenton

Old 10-13-2005, 06:02 AM
Skilled

Chris:

I think we all understand. You do what you have to do, and in time life's crooked paths will begin to straighten out.

Let us hear from you, and if there is anything that I, or the knifemaking community can do, just let us know.

Robert
Old 10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Steel Addict

Unhappy

You will be missed around here....Don't let things get you too down, there's no sense in selling the farm just because of one bad crop! (that's some backyard "philosophising") When the time is right, it will work itself out. If your ever in Ga. look me up, the shop is always open to you....Jim Gardner a.k.a. cricket

Old 10-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

You must be important if you got Daigle to stop hammerin' long enough to show up on the forum! (OK, maybe it was the mention of beer.....)

You could make a million knives and never have a friend. Money is only one measure of success, and it's not one that carries very far. Look back through this thread and I hope you'll realize you're not as poor as you might appear.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Master

hey chris sorry to hear about your situation.

the only free internet im aware of is juno.com/netzero.com (same company, different marketing) they provide 20 free hours a month last i knew. you have to download their software before using their services so if you are interested in it get it before your dsl runs out. its pretty crappy service but its free.
for email i prefer to use yahoo mail. its free, they give u 1gig of storage and i dont get much spam at all. i change my internet provider a bit so i decided to use yahoo email instead of my isp email.
for free websites try angelfire.com, geocities.com, frewebsitehosting.com, etc....not ideal but its free. yahoo also offers free photo album services where you can save hundreds of pictures for free and share them with others. if you find a free hosting site with small storage space u can link from the site to your yahoo photo album.

good luck and i hope to see you back when you ge everything worked out!

ps. texasjack...youve got a poetic turn of mind and i enjoy reading your posts such as this and the one in the "unbreakable" thread
Old 10-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Steel Addict

Chris,

Sorry to hear that things are still tough. Put this aside for a little while and when things turn around see if you want to come back to it. We'll all be here for you when you do.

In the mean time, if you ever get the itch to make a knife, just let me know. My meager shop is always open to you!

If there is ever anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

- Mike

Tags
knife, knives