MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Balisong Discussions

Balisong Discussions Customs to productions, discussions about balisongs/butterfly knives, what's the best and how to do those crazy tricks.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Skilled

assembling a 29

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience assembling a 29?i've got one on rder and will have to assemble it myself,it'll have adjustible pivots so will i just have to punch in the pins as you would on a bm?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Enthusiast

Why do you have to assemble it yourself?
I also have one on order, should be ready really really soon. Chris never mensioned anything about me having to assemble it. That would suck.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:51 AM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arampapik
Why do you have to assemble it yourself?
I also have one on order, should be ready really really soon. Chris never mensioned anything about me having to assemble it. That would suck.
I think BB may be located in a part of the world that may make it safer to ship disassembled.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENGHOST
I think BB may be located in a part of the world that may make it safer to ship disassembled.
You got er
i actually dont mind assembling my custom knives,it gives me quite a bit of know how so if ever neccisary i will know what im doing.i was worried about assembling the korth,but she went pretty smooth with the help from examonlyf and duane a few month's back.i'd just rather ask a couple of the pro's before i jump right into it and make a mistake on a $400 dollar bali.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Steel Addict

I was hoping for one of the others who has one of Chris's bali's with adjustable screws to jump in. But I guess not.

Chances are you'll just need to press them in. Trick will be to line up the washer (if he usese washers) as you assemble it. Once you have the female portion in, then it's just a matter of locking it in with the male screw...

Worse case, email me pics and I'll walk you through it.

Balisongs. One of life's simpler pleasures.

Last edited by tonyccw; 11-20-2004 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Skilled

Right on!!thanks tony,it wont be here for a couple month's so i've got plenty of time and info to read up on.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Skilled

Hey Bali.., sorry I missed this one earlier.., and Tony gave you excellent advice. Not all Chris' knives are so easy to asemble with the screw-pivots, but I'm sure he's going to make it easy for you (knowing Chris).

I'm going to talk to Chris for a while tomorrow.., and several times over the next few days.., so shoot me an email.., and I'll get him to make it easy for you.

I have a couple of ideas now, but I'm not sure exactly what you are getting.., so let me know that also.

Glad the Korth went well..., it sounded like you had it pretty much under control when we talked, so I figured you'd nail that guy in a heartbeat...

"There is no greater wisdom.., than [KINDNESS]"

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Tags
knives