MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Balisong Discussions

Balisong Discussions Customs to productions, discussions about balisongs/butterfly knives, what's the best and how to do those crazy tricks.

Old 07-22-2004, 10:31 PM

Thank you Pete =)
Hmm...I also wasn't sure if the butterfly logo would show on the knife, so I was thinking about putting the logo behind the knife like a background image?
Old 07-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bali_pinay
Thank you Pete =)
It's Ok BRAT.., you can continue call me "Lolo"... arrrrrrgh!

I think your idea is interesting actually. In my case.., having the artistic ability of the average Homing Pigeon....., it is hard for me to visualize, but we'll see what Aram thinks.

I'm guessing he's gonna want the butterfly on the tang because most of us testosterone types are basically concrete-sequential-thinkers.., and our right brain only works with jumper cables from 3-Phase type voltage....

Anyway.., we'll wait for Aram to kick in since he's the one that's going to be in pain, have the Tat get infected, puss-drippin nodules all over his arm..., go to sick bay, get Office Hours, and demoted one rank for destroying Government property ~~~> (his body is the Navy's...lol).

Note to Aram: Girls laugh at this stuff, but don't realize they can Court Martial you for sneezing...lol.

Thanks Chrissy....you're the neatest! I know you don't really have time for the Bali-Dreams in our little Community, but thank you!

If I was your age.., I'd take you to dinner, dancing.., a nice walk on the beach, and then you'd dump me like a Narc at a Biker-Rally... 8o ~~~> But such is life!

After all.., according to Einstein........."Sometimes life sucks simply because there's a vacuum in outer space." ~~> Well.., something like that....? :cool:

"There is no greater wisdom.., than [KINDNESS]"

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"
Old 07-23-2004, 02:10 AM
Enthusiast

do you want colors or just a high contrast black and white (your skin color rather instead of white)...?

Chrissy : that is a hard question. i have no idea which would look better. My skin color is kinda tan, does that help?

Pete : Yes, please (whenever you have time) shoot me an email with a few of teh customs you have that jody made. Skeletonized handles for sure. And half an inch apart i ment from an open position. So its like open, but not fully. Am i making sense?
Latch pointing outward, sorry i wasn't clear on that. I always tought the T latches looks cooler in the pictures. I dont know how to describe it, but i kind of want this knife to have a 'true balisong' meaning you know? nothing fancy, but looks intimidating.

thanks Chrissy and Pete ) i really do appreciate it.

arampapik

ISAAKIAN@LHA3.NAVY.MIL
Old 07-23-2004, 12:49 PM

tattoo

Heard from Mykl. Might see the tattoo on his back soon.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Skilled

No problem Aram....

Old 07-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Registered

Send a message via AIM to Mykl Clark
I have a few.

all in all I'm up to 27 tats now but these are the only 3 with balis in them I think.

Last edited by Mykl Clark; 07-23-2004 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:52 AM
Enthusiast

Chrissy - I think the logo on the background is an interesting idea, but I think im gona go with it on the Tang because, well, i dont know why. Hey Chrissy, where you from? Hawaii right?

Pete - """Anyway.., we'll wait for Aram to kick in since he's the one that's going to be in pain, have the Tat get infected, puss-drippin nodules all over his arm..., go to sick bay, get Office Hours, and demoted one rank for destroying Government property ~~~> (his body is the Navy's...lol)."""

Pete, you are so right about that one. I had a friend go to captains mast for "GETING SHOCKED." Its not like he got shocked on purpose, but he was trying to get some nuts out of something, but he got shocked. Nothign happened, but he went to medical, and then safety department wrote him up! He got some restriction time. I think they're getting reall stupid now a days.
I get out in December (hopefully) )

Mykl Clark = Those are some neat tats man. Thanks for showing them here, appreciate it ) I like all teh tats, but especially the 2nd one. Its really simple, but artistic. Me, im gona go with a Jody Costum. I dont know why.

arampapik
Old 07-24-2004, 07:38 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
Here is a smart answer. with a couple stupid questions back. Do you want the best? Or, do you want a cheap POS on your body for life? If you want a WOW tattoo as apposed to an UGG tattoo, from one of the best in the world in your area, here is what you do. Look up Judy Parker at Pacific tattoo in San Diego. Take a photo of your bali in the position you would like it. Let her take the pic and tranform it into a tattoo format. Ask the price and when she tells you, do not bat an eye or try to haggle with her. Pay up front and tip her 25%. Insist that she tattoo you and not one of her workers. Tell her,Tattoo Roc, the guy who gave her, her Lady Death Tattoo machine sent you. Leave the the shop with the baddest tattoo you or your friends have ever seen! Just my advice, take it or leave it. Good luck with what ever choice you make.Miss Judy (click)

Old 07-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Skilled

Ok.., took some quick ones Aram.., I'll send both you and Chrissy some more detailed shots and save some bandwidth on here.

This is the knife I was thinking of for your tattoo, and also the position (as I think you described it).

Chrissy.., I'll send you a close-up of the company logo also, since you can't see any detail otherwise.

This is the position of the tat as I understood you....(correct me if I'm wrong)

Just another shot for kicks....(you guys have more in email)....

Last edited by ExamonLyf; 07-25-2004 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:23 AM
Enthusiast

Hi Pete,

Beautiful Pictures as always Pete.
Thanks for taking the time and helping, really appreciated.
I hope i dont sound too demanding, but i'll try to be more clear.
The handles, i want the handles of the newer 4X series. But the pins of the older customs that do not show. The latch, just a regular T Latch.
The butterfly Logo, i think the ones on the new models look more cleaner, i compared them. But teh Blade i want it by Jody Samson.
Pete, whenever you have time, do you think it would be possible to upload some more pictures of different blades jody has done? A regular deep grind weehawk, or something.
The position of the bali, you got it on the 2nd picture. but just a little bit more open, half an inch between the handles. Not the V shape.

Thank you very much.

Oh by the way, i got my first custom from Duane, Korth Spearpoint, also got a 42SS, 3 FHM's or FMH's, but wont be able to see them until my mom sends them here(oh my boat). I hope customs dont confescate them on their way here. but i can't wait till i get home (long tiem from now) to see them, so i asked my mom to send them here in a package.

arampapik

isaakian@lha3.navy.mil
Old 07-26-2004, 04:31 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
hammerdownnow

Here is a smart answer. with a couple stupid questions back. Do you want the best? Or, do you want a cheap POS on your body for life? If you want a WOW tattoo as apposed to an UGG tattoo, from one of the best in the world in your area, here is what you do. Look up Judy Parker at Pacific tattoo in San Diego. Take a photo of your bali in the position you would like it. Let her take the pic and tranform it into a tattoo format. Ask the price and when she tells you, do not bat an eye or try to haggle with her. Pay up front and tip her 25%. Insist that she tattoo you and not one of her workers. Tell her,Tattoo Roc, the guy who gave her, her Lady Death Tattoo machine sent you. Leave the the shop with the baddest tattoo you or your friends have ever seen! Just my advice, take it or leave it. Good luck with what ever choice you make.Miss Judy (click)
Thanks for the advice hammderdownnow. You know whats funny, after i went on the website and saw a picture of her, it reminded me that i have met her before. I remember i went into their shop to buy some nipple rings. (yeah, i got in trouble for that with the navy later, GO NAVY ( :cool: ) but, she is really nice. Its on the silver strand right?

aram
Old 07-26-2004, 05:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
I have never been to her shop. We hook up on the show circuit. Laconia NH bike week. Louisville KY old school convention. Chillicothe OH easy rider rodeo. Super lady, super artist. I have work from her. I recomended her as the best in your area. If you lived somewhere else I might have suggested someone else. Judy blows my work out of the water, but that ain't hard to do...lol, Roc sniff sniff...somebody call the waa-mbulance.

Mild2Wild

Old 07-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by arampapik
Pete, whenever you have time, do you think it would be possible to upload some more pictures of different blades jody has done? A regular deep grind weehawk, or something.
The position of the bali, you got it on the 2nd picture. but just a little bit more open, half an inch between the handles. Not the V shape.
Sure Aram. Sorry I misunderstood what you wanted. I thought for sure you wanted the "V" configuration, and that's what confused me.

It's gonna take a few days for me to get a picture for you as a model, because I rarely take "Head-On" squared up shots looking directly at the subject. I'll find a nice skeletonized Weehawk and just try to get a nice sterile shot of it.

You want the point of the blade going up?? Is that correct (i.e., point toward the sky when you are standing)?? I also assume you want the blade centered on your upper arm, and not at an angle.

Given your preference for the newer handles. I'd suggest using the BM 42SS handles as a working model for the artist, and just leave out the pivot pins..., and use the picture for adding the T-Latch.

To be honest, I don't think it's going to make much difference since it's human skin they'll be working on , so I doubt the subtleties of the countersinking are going to be apparent in this type art, but of course that's your call.

I'm also assuming you want a 4" Model and not a 5". I just put a 5" up to my arm with the handles extended as you mention, and it barely fits on my upper arm above the elbow (and I'm just a hair under 6'2"). So give that some thought also, or hold a BM 4XX model up to your arm to see how the scaling works. 5" models are roughly 11.25 OAL (a hair less most times). ~~> So you need a lot of arm length for the longer model.

Talk soon...

Last edited by ExamonLyf; 07-26-2004 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:26 AM
Enthusiast

Pete,

Thats alright, take your time for the pictures, no rush.
and for the blade, yep i want it point up, towards teh sky.

As for the size, man, im a little guy. about 5'2. The 42 in the open position doesn't even fit there, lol. i was actually thinking for the size to be maybe 6 inches in total.

the 42SS handles, thats a great idea actually. I want it. )

and again, as always thank you very much for your help.

aram
Old 07-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bali_pinay
In seriousness tho', it'd be nice to know the placement of the tattoo, that way I can take into consideration whether or not I should incorparate a "wrap-around" design if it goes around the arm, or do just a "flat drawing".
The best place for a tat is around the shoulder. Because of all the curves, it's a great place to make a 2D image appear 3D.

Here's the unofficial logo (A collabration between me and my tattoo artist) of the Lazer-Bat-Blade Balisong Company that Pete and I hope to start one day.

Still waiting for a certain sushi lover to finish my bali commission to decide if I want that design on my skin.

Balisongs. One of life's simpler pleasures.

Last edited by tonyccw; 07-27-2004 at 08:24 PM.

Tags
balisong, blade, butterfly knife, knife, knives