MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Balisong Discussions

Balisong Discussions Customs to productions, discussions about balisongs/butterfly knives, what's the best and how to do those crazy tricks.

Old 03-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast

cad designs?

Does anybody have any design of a bali using cad? An knives will work but I really want bali designs . I will not distribute them or use them to make knives. I work for a cad company I am doing a project where I just need a few to look at.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Steel Addict

hey there, what are you planning on using them for? Which is to say, I do all my designing in CAD, but probably can't send you those, but I could probably make a quick generic one.. don't know how complex you need them to be, either.

www.balisongtimes.com
Old 03-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast

Well I am taking on a project where I will be in charge of increasing our Mechanical programs sales. Now we have several production manuf using the program. I wanted to see what a file would look like to better identify the needs of the market. Plus really I want a knife related cad design on my wall. I'd just draw one but I'd like to have a more professional one done more or less with callouts or detail bubbles or mechanical notation. So it helps me in a number of ways. But at least this way I can have an office decoration involving knives without it considered unprofessional.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Steel Addict

Heh, I'd like to see a professional one as well. Mine are pretty basic, showing it open, closed and in some of the more complex ones split outs of the spacers, etc.. but really only the basics, I have a pretty good grasp of the very basics of autocad now. Heh, and just when I'm getting comfortable with autocad, I'm thinking about trying to move to working on my osx box. Ugh!

But, would basic drawings help, or are you looking for something fancier?

www.balisongtimes.com
Old 03-03-2004, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

Yes basic drawing would help also. Autocad is hard and I personally find it cumbersome. I also sell VectorWorks for a living so I may be biased. Anyway Vectorworks is cool because it has all the functionality for 2d drafting as autocad but has amazingly easy 3d as well. Also its cross platform but started out as Mac only a long time ago. Enough about that, I would have a mac if they weren't so expensive. lol But anyway yeah I want to have as many drawings as I can get.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Enthusiast

I still want some other drawings but I am going to make a few of my own. I need to see more professsional drawings also to make sure mine our technically correct.

Tags
knife, knives