MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Balisong Discussions

Balisong Discussions Customs to productions, discussions about balisongs/butterfly knives, what's the best and how to do those crazy tricks.

Old 03-05-2003, 08:07 AM

Spam A Song

HEY MON >>>> ARE YOU LISTENING MON!

What is de latest on the Spam a Song!

When we left off we had a spam blade heat treated to a golden brown straight from Hormel!

I thought the crusty bread inlays would be good for dis one mon!
Old 03-05-2003, 09:38 AM

Spam-a-Song??

Smokin' your morning ganga, hey Darrell??!! :cool:

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 03-05-2003, 09:50 AM
Enthusiast

Sort of an inside joke, ongoing from that "other" bali forum! Actually, I've been working on anodizing for the Spam-O-Song. Great results with Heinz grade A. I've been able to consistently get a nice red to red-brown. You can actually achieve a very nice blue/green just by leaving the material exposed to air for a day or two!
Old 03-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Skilled

Lightbulb

Well.., things are moving along nicely on the Spam-a-Song Mr. Ralph.., but one of the collaborators (last name Ranney).., keeps consumming blade stock, so obviously the prototypes are running a little behind.

I've worked out a schedule where the staff does the "Breakfast Meal" thing at McDonalds.., and hopefully this will cut down on blade consumption, and also keep Hormel off my back about over-extending the privalege of their underwriting...

Unfortunately..., Tony is a veteran with Spam recipies.., and keeps giving the guys new cullinary ideas, and this is a production problem I didn't forsee (silly me)...

I may have to bring Felix in on this collaboration simply because he seems more level-headed than most of us.., and may be able to bring a sense of "calm" to the project, and be a stabilizing factor. Admittedly.., I have eaten a couple of Protos myself 8o .., so my current position as Director of Marketing is somewhat in question. I also knew we were about to hit "Production Grid-Lock" when Tony showed up for work with and apron and Chef's hat..., I pick up these subtle context clues pretty fast generally, but didn't actually notice the guys had re-arranged the shop to incorporate two picnic benches where our "Fit & Finish" area once was...

While I'm thinking about it.., this is a "heads-up" that I will be calling you for Pantograph lessons since the handles are sort of boring currently. Mr. Ranney and I are contemplating "knocking off" (errrrrrrrr..., I mean "modelling") some handle dynamics that are oddly similar to your own Venturi models, but since we have no skill-set in that area, we will need help.

Keeping with current design trends (i.e., the "Dragon-Song").., we plan to have at least one set of handles with a Bovine theme carved delicately into the handle stock, and we've circumvented costs pertaining to CNC technology by closing a great deal on eBay for those sets of "Ginsu" knives for $1.49 each. They seem to carve just as well as all that jet-stream confusion created by "High-Tech".., and also require no software or CAD/CAM ability. Puuuuuuuuuuufect! 8o

Since you've graciously consented to consult on the heat-treat, Tony has a version he calls "Crunchy" that you may want to consider in a "taste-test". 4 minutes at 325 spaced evenly on reflective foil seems to work, and of course we'll send samples of dipping sauces.., including our own rendition of Jerk-Dip.

Thanks so much for checking in Darrel.., we'll keep you posted, and send you a few Protos to munch on very soon!

Pete Johnston, Director of Marketing
Rostfrie International Cutlery and Meat By-Products

"Serving the Balisong Community with yummy treats and sauces for over 6 months" - The Gourmet Gazzette, Jan 2003

"One small (politically correct) ~~> step for man/woman..., one giant taste treat for Balisong Lovers"

"There is no greater wisdom.., than [KINDNESS]"

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Last edited by ExamonLyf; 03-05-2003 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally posted by Coop747
Spam-a-Song??

Smokin' your morning ganga, hey Darrell??!! :cool:

Coop
No Jim..., actually this project actually has "roots"..., well...I should say meat...lol.

The Spam-a-Song is soon to gain International Notariety/Infamy.., and may be just the cross-over strategy we've searched for in giving the Balisong a "Warm & Fuzzy" feeling across philosophical domains.

By the way Coop.., you are.., the official Spam-a-Song photographer. Sorry we forgot the press release (including notifying you...lol).., but working on design parameters has been an all-consumming (and tasteful) endeavor...

Old 03-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Steel Addict

Pete: Still working on the Pineapple Spam-a-song. I figure the Crispy finish was the best way of keeping the pineapple chunks in place. Of course, if I'm eating through my R&D budget faster than anticipated, I can cut back and go into Spam-a-song withdrawl...

Balisongs. One of life's simpler pleasures.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally posted by tonyccw
Of course, if I'm eating through my R&D budget faster than anticipated, I can cut back and go into Spam-a-song withdrawl...
Appreciated Tony.., take one for the Team...

Good idea on the Pineapple..., I figured you'd have some new paradigm before long.

I notice Mr. Robert Ranney hasn't responded since his guilt about munching a few Protos must be overwhelming....:evil ..., but I'm sure he'll be along to touch base shortly...

Old 03-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Steel Addict

Hmm... I know too much, the behind the music scene of this ill fated project, the back biting, the proto eating and then vomiting... I'm just going to lay low till the whole thing blows over...

www.balisongtimes.com
Old 03-05-2003, 08:55 PM
Enthusiast

DDR SPAM-A-SONG

Don't have a clue but here's to you Darrel:

"All day, all night Darrel mon!
Down by the seashore eatin' da spam!"

Pineapple sure sounds yummy - sittin' on the beach with Pina Colada in one hand, spam-a-song in the other, steel band in backround after finishing a big splif - dat's da life mon!

Bill

Old 03-06-2003, 06:31 AM
Enthusiast

Wow, I guess things are moving... Go for the Spam-a-Song guys. You'll turn rich so fast you will ask yourself why...

Spam-a-Song?!!! Once you flip, you can eat!?
Old 03-06-2003, 07:14 AM

Spamin..................I want to spamin with you.....

HEY MON ! ARE YOU LISTENING MON!

HEY COOP!

I cant wait to see the COOP spamasong MON!

Pete has de inside line on the brased spam for de blades mon.

Its coming together!

Last edited by Darrel Ralph; 03-06-2003 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:09 AM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Icon of Sin Send a message via Yahoo to Icon of Sin
I sooooo cant wait to see pictures of this custom

Part 2: The Aerial Compilation
Part 2: Aerial Compilation "Special Edition"
Part 3: Still in Progress
Cunning Stunts
Triples and Over The Shoulders
Instruction Videos
Combo Linkers and Retwirl Instruction

Pictures

"I'm the best you ever seen Fats, I'm the best there is, and even if you beat me I'm still the best." (Fast Eddie Felson - The Hustler)
Old 03-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Skilled

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Icon of Sin
I sooooo cant wait to see pictures of this custom
You can do the first video Heath.., just promise not to eat it before the video rolls.

We'll probably have you do this with the "Crunchy" style because they are more stable for aerials and don't "wiggle" so much in the air. Also less greasy!

Tags
balisong, blade, butterfly knife, knife, knives