MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 10-07-2006, 03:59 PM

randall end of an era?

well fella,s it,s been a while since my last post.ive been to a few gun and knife shows in my area also been crusin the internet looking for deals,what ive found is unhappy dealers.ive had 2or3 randall dealers that ive ran into who are ready to give it up .when i ask why? i get the same sort of answer ,they cant get stock and they feel like randall could care less.one dealer told me he used to have 300 knives in stock at one time but when randall started selling on the internet that all changed he told me he,s lucky to get 8 knives a month,as a matter of fact the internet has beome the problem.as to randall not caring i ask why didnt they?one dealer said "THEY DONT NEED THE MONEY,MOST OF THE FAMILY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE KNIFE BUSINESS,THEY GOT MASSIVE LAND HOLDINGS IN FLORIDA AND MINNISOTA NOT TO MENTION A HELICOPTER SPRAYING BUSINESS ,THEIR VERY WEALTHY PEOPLE.I dont know if any of this is true and he went on to say that the one family member that is running the knife works is not interested in any upgrades to production. any of you know anything abot this?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:14 PM

big poppa,

The 1st time you came on this forum in July, you stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big poppa
it seems to me is you have a group of dealers buying up all the stock then,setting the market.sweet racket
Now you come back and say:

Quote:
but when randall started selling on the internet that all changed
That ain't right either.

You also now posted some disparaging remarks against the Randall family reportedly made by some "unnamed dealers".

If you're going to continue to post here, you're going to need to get your facts straight first. You're also going to need to name your sources when you make a post like you did. Otherwise a whole lot of people are going to think that you have a different agenda than everyone else here and that you think you're clever enough to pull it off.

Ron

Last edited by BoBlade; 10-07-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Steel Addict

Strange that someone who never posts here comes on line with all this info that the others here, people who live and breathe Randalls, haven't got wind of. Dang, BP you must be some kind of seer or something. All the internet did was broaden the market for these fine knives, and the prices on the secondary market are set by the buyers, not by Randall or the dealers. If the Randall family has all the money they need or want, I wonder why they still are making knives?? (and dealing with the headaches of the business, because there are headaches with ANY business). You know not of what you speak, sir.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Skilled

Interesting thread

Unfortunately responding to this type of yellow journalism is just adding "fuel". Boblade: You mods have a "delete" button? I have told folks who call me that the Randall family does, indeed have various cattle and citrus businesses going on. I have also said that this knife business started out very much as a hobby and labor of love.
I do not know of a "dealer" who feels that the Randall family or any of the Randall shop craftsmen "don't care" about them..or the business. I know that things can be very frustrating for all concerned with lengthy waiting times and, of course, the constant struggle to deliver these fine knives in a timely manner. That being said, I feel that many efforts, if not "every" effort, is being made by the Randall shop to remedy this problem.
I can go on and on, but ya'll know that I will just be perceived as a "Randall cheerleader" for my efforts. If the shop and the family "really" did not care, they could just eliminate their dealers, keep the extra profit for themselves and get caught up all in one fell swoop! They do not do this because Gary Randall, as his father, Bo, before him, is a man of his word. How many family-owned companies are working on their 3rd generation of ownership and partnership and have not sold out to the "bigger is better" interests?
Look at the big picture, folks, and continue to carry on....That's enough, Captain Chris Stanaback

Old 10-07-2006, 06:05 PM

Quote:
.ive had 2or3 randall dealers that ive ran into who are ready to give it up .
I think people would be lining up for miles to become a Randall authorized dealer. I know that I would!

Jerry

Old 10-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Steel Addict

Well, Ron, Cap, Jerry and Pat have done a great job being polite...... so I'll head for the low ground.

Dude, what is your friggin' problem????? If you dont want / like Randall Made Knives, please move on!!!!

You are entitled to your opinion and we are entitled to tell you to shove it!

Please do......

All the best for you.....

Last edited by tunefinK; 10-07-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The "Captain"
Unfortunately responding to this type of yellow journalism is just adding "fuel". Boblade:
Sorry but I disagree, Cap. If I deleted it, this guy would just come back here or on some other forum claiming KN moderators don't want to have the truth told. Randall knives and the Randall family have nothing to be ashamed of and everything to be proud of. YOU CAN'T GO UP AGAINST THE TRUTH AND WIN! Notwithstanding, if this guy keeps up the BS, he's out of here!

Best,

Ron
Old 10-07-2006, 06:56 PM

Randall with a capital "R"

From big poppa:
Quote:
well fella,s it,s been a while since my last post.ive been to a few gun and knife shows in my area also been crusin the internet looking for deals,what ive found is unhappy dealers.ive had 2or3 randall dealers that ive ran into who are ready to give it up .when i ask why? i get the same sort of answer ,they cant get stock and they feel like randall could care less.one dealer told me he used to have 300 knives in stock at one time but when randall started selling on the internet that all changed he told me he,s lucky to get 8 knives a month,as a matter of fact the internet has beome the problem.as to randall not caring i ask why didnt they?one dealer said "THEY DONT NEED THE MONEY,MOST OF THE FAMILY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE KNIFE BUSINESS,THEY GOT MASSIVE LAND HOLDINGS IN FLORIDA AND MINNISOTA NOT TO MENTION A HELICOPTER SPRAYING BUSINESS ,THEIR VERY WEALTHY PEOPLE.I dont know if any of this is true and he went on to say that the one family member that is running the knife works is not interested in any upgrades to production. any of you know anything abot this?
Hello big poppa,

It's very difficult for me to take your post seriously. All I know is that your words originate from an anonymous person with access to a computer and an internet connection.

Anyone can make unsubstantiated allegations, disparaging remarks and exclaim negative sentiments.

Rather than attempt to have a rational and intelligent discussion about your charges, I would ask you why you decided to make these charges against a very reputable Randall family and network of authorized RMK dealers? Are you planning to go into competition with them?

In your July 26th thread entitled "what's a fair price", several members including myself made a sincere effort to help you understand the state of the market for RMK. You didn't appear to get it then, and you don't seem to get it now.

Lastly, anyone who doesn't even take the time to properly edit their posts in a literate fashion is difficult to give any credulity to.

That's about it for me on this topic.

David

Last edited by Moosehead; 10-07-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Steel Addict

RMK Brothers,

I spoke with Doug Kenefick on 10/6/06 His words " I 'm not taking any new customer orders for about a year" since both his knives are considered Large knives at 2 a month limit it's tough & he's full up to 2009. But he also said that word from the shop is that with the present crew they believe that they will catch up soon. Through all that I never heard the first word from Doug about hanging it up! While I am less than thrilled as a new collector on things that I would like to create, some of the older collectors are selling some of the coolest RMK's that I've ever seen! That way they can buy something that they have also always wanted. Everybody wins. If ANY dealer is is unhappy with being backed up in a business for the next 3 years SELL IT TO ME!!!! Ha-Ha like that will happen. I own my on companies & I don't have any of my manufacturers offering me a product that has a any kind of back log. We here if you don't sell you lose the line!

Old 10-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Steel Addict

Anyone can make unsubstantiated allegations, disparaging remarks and exclaim negative sentiments.

Lastly, anyone who doesn't even take the time to properly edit their posts in a literate fashion is difficult to give any credulity.

David[/B][/QUOTE]

David,

You've got to try to teach me how to be so ELOQUENT! I always end up stepping in it! I think it's an adjective problem. 2 guns lets you shoot both feet.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:14 PM

sorry if i offended anyone,i did not mean to come across as a internet troll.when im told these things i give the same argument WHY?i dont have a beef with randall or anybody here!im not the one complaining.if i hate randall so much im willing to give 650.00 for their knife?i walk away from thses guys wondering what the hell was that all about?we were having a nice conversation on randall,s and the last guy i talked too, which was today. goes on his rant about randall.after he,s done im like, aaaah ok buddy have a nice day, and move on.YOU guys love the brand GREAT so do i ,sorry i said anything .but there does seem some frustration with the dealers ive run into.

P.S. EXCUSE ME FER BUTCHERIN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Old 10-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Steel Addict

What dealers have you run into? there are only a few authorized dealers.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Skilled

End it

Boblade and others,
Ron: First of all: There is no disagreement. If you mods think that threads and posts deserve to stay...fine. I just hate to fuel the fire, which is exactly what happened...but it's all part of dealing with folks hiding behind a keyboard. I "STILL" have not seen any "authorized" Randall dealers brought to light in this thread. Folks can just post up inflamatory comments and it's O.K. Well: It ain't O.K. with me. There are only a handful of "authorized" Randall knife dealers on the planet. It doesn't "slap" the rest of ya'...just a very select few. While I am proud to be one of 'em, that select few, and I, for one, think this thread is full of s___!!
And to the "others": Believe what you want. I put my "REAL NAME" up here and on every Randall forum that I currently post on, moderate on or ever "did" post on, including the infamous..."EBAY"...and I'm tellin' ya': This s___ just ain't true!! (There...See?...No disagreement). Best, Captain Chris Stanaback

Old 10-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunefinK
Well, Ron, Cap, Jerry and Pat have done a great job being polite...... so I'll head for the low ground.

Dude, what is your friggin' problem????? If you dont want / like Randall Made Knives, please move on!!!!:

You are entitled to your opinion and we are entitled to tell you to shove it!

Please do......

All the best for you.....
Tune :
Man as a counsler you would go broke, but I LOVE IT!!!!!

Old 10-07-2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief7277
Tune :
Man as a counsler you would go broke, but I LOVE IT!!!!!

IM DONE,HAVE FUN ,ICANT NAME NAMES I DIDNT ASK,BUT THIS SURE IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT,AND ITS BROUGHT OUT THE TORCHE,S AND PITCHFORKS .YOU GUYS WANNA HAMMER ME CAUSE OF WHAT IVE SAID, AND WANT ME TO BRING AN AFFADAVIT TO PROVE WHAT I HEARD,SORRY.I DIDNT ASK "ARE YOU AN AUTHORIZED DEALER"?I CAME HERE LOOKING FOR ANSWERS,LIKE "HEY POPPA THATS CRAP OR YEA THERE,S SOMTHIN TO IT.NOT "DEATH TO THE NON BELEIVER!"GEEESSEEE, LATER.

Tags
knife, knives