MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 02-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Enthusiast

High end tactical folder

I am looking for a new tactical folder. I'd prefer something custom, but would a accept high end production knife. This will be an EDC.

I want a worker. Something solid that will make people envious and cause them to ask "Where'd you get that?"

Who are your favorite folding knife makers? I've looked at Emerson knives and a few of theirs are options.

I'm looking for a folding knife maker who makes really high quality, usable knives. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith
Old 02-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Skilled

Keith,
...I sure do like my Benchmades. I suspect by high end you mean something more expensive than these knives but IMO you have to spend a LOT more to get a better knife. They make many different models. I especially like the axis lock models as they are nice one handed knives and the axis lock is very strong. Benchmades must be pretty good as they are the only folders for sale in the Randall shop.
jc
Old 02-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Jeff. That's interesting. I didn't know Benchmades were for sale in the Randall shop. That does speak highly of them.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Enthusiast

I agree with Jeff that Benchmades are solid production folders and a good value.

If you want to spend a chunk more money on a "production" knife, you can't go wrong with a Chris Reeve Sebenza. Manufacturing and assembly quality is top notch. The style isn't exactly "tactical folder", but if you like the design philosophy, you'll be very happy with the knife.

On the custom side, I've been very happy with my Kit Carson (models 4 & 16) and Terzuola ATCF folders.

All of the knives mentioned have been workers for me, so no worries about their durability. The "wow" factor is for you to judge.

Happy shopping!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Steel Addict

I just bought a 1rst issue original Terzuola ATCF folder , no frills, Ti scales, ATS 34 blade. Since I "lost"
my original one years ago, it was a sentimental choice. After having owned and used the Reeves Sebenza, which many consider the best HD folder ever made, I have to say...NOT! , the Terz, is a better design, much smoother, better grind and finish, and cuts better. It is in my opinion, the best Tact. "high end custom folder user around. If for strictly using, I would stay away from exotic scales and accoutrements.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:45 AM
Steel Addict

If your looking for one that will stand up to anything you throw at it take a look at the Carson designed M-16-14 by Columbia River. I issue these to every member of my AF Security Forces Squadron. These guys can really abuse a knife and this one will take it. It's the one piece of equipment that I've never had an Airman come back and say they lost They get told when it's issued that if they lose it they don't get another one. And they constantly come back from the Gulf with stories of what they were offered in trade for them.

Steve
Old 03-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast

I'll toss in another vote for Benchmade. I've carried their AFCK on and on for many years. It's a great product back by a strong warranty and responsive customer service.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/pr...p?keyword=AFCK

Last edited by armedcitizen; 03-02-2006 at 08:26 AM.

Tags
blade, folding knife, knife, knives