MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Skilled

Fraud Alert

This guy sent me three $850.00 Postal Money orders to pay for a $400.00 knife. He then wanted me to wire him the difference. Yeah right!

A.T.

Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:56:43 -0500
To:
Cc: "__A.T. Barr"
Subject: G.W. Stone Knife

Hello Lucius, the price on the G.W. Stone knife http://customknives.com/g_w_stone.htm is $400.00 USD.

I will accept payment with a Postal Money Order.

As you mention below, you will arrange for the shipping at your cost.

Thanks,

A.T. Barr
153 Madonna Drive
Nicholasville, KY 40356-2624
(859) 887-5400

"Many Knives, Many Makers"
http://www.customknives.com
----- Original Message -----
To: A.T. Barr
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 3:30 AM
Subject: Re: Knife

Hello Barr,
Am interested in purchasing this Knife of yours today as utensil and i also will like to know if u accept UNITED STATE POSTAL MONEY ORDER as yur mode of payment moreso i also want the exact amount you want to sell it.About the shipment, i will take care of that with my shipper agent which they will schedule the pickup nextday you receive the money order this shipper will pick up from your address in United state down to house in United Kingdom.so if u intrested in selling it for me kindly getback to me with yur name and address including yur phone number my own contact number is,+44763365094,u can aswell getback to me via e-mail ,i will be waiting for yur reply
Regards
Nic

N.B I will beexpectig your full name and address to send the payment to you.

"Many Knives, Many Makers"
http://www.customknives.com

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."
Tom Gresham
Old 02-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Steel Addict

Hello A.T.
I get these almost everyday. So thought I would put in my 2 cents here. what everyone needs to watch for in most of these scams is that they ask for your last price. What ever that means, & they always have an agent that is suppose to arrange for the shipping. You would think they would get a bit more original. Maybe like Vlad, the bank finally got to me on his scam, it cost me $970 about a week ago. That is hard to come by for someone like me. Well ya all be cautious out there. Unfortunatlly there are a ton of human trash trying to steal from anyone they can.
Dusty

Old 02-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Moulton
Hello A.T.
I get these almost everyday. So thought I would put in my 2 cents here. what everyone needs to watch for in most of these scams is that they ask for your last price. What ever that means, & they always have an agent that is suppose to arrange for the shipping. You would think they would get a bit more original. Maybe like Vlad, the bank finally got to me on his scam, it cost me $970 about a week ago. That is hard to come by for someone like me. Well ya all be cautious out there. Unfortunatlly there are a ton of human trash trying to steal from anyone they can.
Dusty
Sorry to hear this Dusty.

You going to Vegas next week?

A.T.

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."
Tom Gresham
Old 02-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Steel Addict

Talking In-bread ass..h$%&@ scam artists

Hello A.T.
Well this is the second time for me to get ripped off, the first time was a couple of years ago with a fraudulent dealer that stole $1200 worth of knives. I do have a felony arrest warrant out on him, his name is Marshall Jones, if he ever approaches any one, he is nothing but bad news. Yes, I will be at Vegas this year, although I think it will be my last year, the motels are just to expensive on that part of the strip, and it really cuts into my very narrow profit margin. Actually I could not even afford the cost of my wife coming with me as in past years. So I will be by my self to cut expenses and sharing a motel room with Bob Lay.....Yes! I know he is Canadian. (NO!!! NOT ALL CANADIANS ARE BAD) Inspite of his funny accent. He is an alright guy! Well if he reads this I am sure there will be reprocusions. Of course I don't know if they have internet in Canada yet. He!! He!!
Also If any of you want to drop by a beer at my table, I will be eternally gratefull. That includes you A.T.
Well I had better go, before I get in too much trouble.
Dusty

Last edited by Dusty Moulton; 02-03-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Steel Addict

Dusty,

Most of the Canadians I meet everyday on the US-Canadian Borders are ok by me - some of them I tell that next week we will work on the letters B-F! A?

Old 02-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Steel Addict

There you go.
I was talking with Bob last year about the old Guild show in New Orleans. But for some strange reason he couldn't quite understand the difference in my southern pronunciation of "NawOrlaans" He ask me several times what I was saying with a funny look on his face, until I finally pnounced it like a Yankee. Then he said....Well why didn't you say that in the first place!!
OH Yeah. If you want to see some good looking knives, stop by Bob's table, he has been making knives for longer than I have, and makes a great looking knife.
Dusty

Old 02-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered

Don't you be putting all us Canadians in the same pot. Don't forget I'm Western Canadian.
And , funny accents, never mind Naworlans, Im' still trying to find any information about a show in Hatlanna, I can't find any info anywhere. I think yall are keeping that one a secret

Tags
forge, knife, knives