MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 02-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Coop747

Avatars and names.... What's yours about?

Well, you regular folks can see I have had a whole SLEW of pics and avatars and whatnot glued next to my member name. I have now settled in with this one (at this moment in time..!)

So, after 250+ posts here and also on BF, I have yet to have ANYONE ask me "what the heck is up with the Coop *747*???" (Blade747 on BF) I didn't just pick a number. It means something personally important to me (as you might imagine). But I will give you a hint: It has nothing to do with airplanes...

Any guesses?

While we're at it, tell me about the significance of your own avatar or member name, if it's unusual... or if it's not!

Coop

Old 02-02-2002, 12:49 PM
Don Cowles

Coop, would you perhaps have been born in July of 1947?

Mine is one of my older knives over a background of the Earth shot from space. I liked the image.
Old 02-02-2002, 01:26 PM
Coop747

July of 1947?? Good answer! But WRONG!!!

Time is a good measurement, though

I like your earth image, too. Good choice.

Coop
Old 02-02-2002, 01:47 PM
Roger Gregory

Name: Well guess!
Avatar: An anvil (in case you hadn't worked that out) because I like pounding steel on one

Coop, that 747 could be anything; age, weight, collection of speeding tickets, number of children... :

Roger
Old 02-02-2002, 02:11 PM
primos

Nothing cryptic about my username or avatar. My username is my last name. My avatar is my last initial floating over fire. The fire represents my chosen method of producing knives.

Coop, I haven't a clue what the 747 represents in your username. When do we find out?
Old 02-02-2002, 03:41 PM
Coop747

I'm not giving it away! But there has been some great clues....

Time, Speeding..... Cmon, think FAST!

Coop
Old 02-02-2002, 05:31 PM
ansoknives

well...I am Anso....I make knives...hence..Ansoknives....LOL

My avatar...just a litle teaser from my page.

747..................I have seen your pic so you are not from July 74 either.....must be your time of birth?...7.47pm or am.....or your kids time of birth?

Could be speed of you new car?...LOL....
Old 02-02-2002, 07:04 PM
Geno

747?
How about reading it like 7 out of 7, or a perfect score.
Seven for seven?

Mine is kinda easy eventhough Pat keeps changing them on me. They all point to the same thing.
My signature line explains it in full.
"I carry my crosses for Christ to give any glory to God."
If you ever heard me preach at the shows I attend, you'll quickly find out,I LOVE JESUS!

Lots of people assume I'm an "in your face" kinda guy, not at all.
I just give the credit to my senior partner, that simple.
He gets the credit, I keep the money.
CORRECTION: Pat(Knifewife) gets the money.
I get the scars,yeah, that's it.
Old 02-02-2002, 09:05 PM
Coop747

Well, there's not to many cryptic messages in you folks' names and pics. Just good quality folks with their avocation as an avatar. Where's the mystery!!!????

Geno, I'm truly glad you love your faith. I mean that. So do I. But I'm a UU (Unitarian Universalist) and we would bang heads BIG TIME in a belief discussion! But that don't matter..... You show to me already that you practice what you preach, and that's all that matters. Good character, no matter how or why you believe it, *matters*. Thanks for your inspiring examples!

Now back to my clues..... Time & Speed. I'll add one more: Competition

Hmmmmm. It's getting easy.

Coop

(BTW--on my avatar that's a knife from T.Kardin from Indonesia. I just LOVE that blade shape!! Soon to be featured in a pic....)

Old 02-02-2002, 09:11 PM
primos

Okay, I'll guess. You did a 7.47 second quarter mile on a bike.

Old 02-02-2002, 10:21 PM
Coop747

What???!! Are you crazy? 7:47" 1/4 mile E.T.on a MOTORCYCLE???? Why you would have to be a little *nutty* to do that (he he he)

OK, I made it WAYYY too easy on you. Terry, you win!

From 1975--1990 I raced Kawasaki dragbikes. Over the course of that time I set 22 nat'l E.T. & MPH records, I won 17 championship events, I was Number #1 plate fro my category two years (1976 and 1983) and in 1983 I was voted 'Sportsman Rider of the Year' out of a pool of 350 other riders !!!! 1987-1989 I was always in the top three for points in the Pro ranks.(What's that they say? "It ain't braggin, if you can back it up!") Well, I'm also braggin' now.

My fastest ET ever was a two-year reign as record holder in Pro-Comp at 7:47" @ 171 MPH. (1987) The current record for this categry is (6:75" @ 200+ MPH)

So, this pinnacle number represents to me all the good times and achievements I had from that era. I don't own a scanner, but I'll see if I can get a pic or two done to show you the bike in action.

I still race regularly--as a 'Masters' (read: Old Fart) rower. I train and compete all the time. Competition never leaves you!

Coop (humbly now walking away...
Old 02-02-2002, 11:10 PM
primos

Mighty impressive Jim! Mighty gutsy too. I'd like to see some of those pics.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:16 AM
Knifemaker01

Ok, anyone want to guess mine.. This should take a while.LOL

Steve
Old 02-03-2002, 06:50 PM
Geno

Hey Coop, I'm to old to bang heads anymore.
This is a personal belief thing, not an "in your face,I'm right your wrong- kinda thing",
I am not out to save the world, couldn't even if I wanted to.
It just tells a little about me and what I stand for, that's it.
If we all believed the same way, it would be a BORING world with little room FOR disscussion.
I can only decide for myself, same as you. I am happy you have a belief you are comfortable with, as I am with mine.

I used to race motorcross when I was younger(much younger)
I have to admit, as much fun as it was, I never had a desire to go 200 MPH on 2 wheels, man.
Old 02-03-2002, 06:51 PM
george tichbourne

I raced bikes myself from 67 to 79, motocross, ice racing and finally dirt track, stuck to dirt track from 71 to 79.

There is nothing like sitting up at the end of the straight and throwing your 750 sideways.

Tags
blade, knife, knives