MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 02-05-2002, 07:32 PM
DC KNIVES

Got a Job

Well after 4 long months since being layed off , finally got a job.The funny thing is that I saw an ad in the paper for a purchasing agent with a machinery manufacturing firm.Now I am not a purchasing agent, but I am an Industrial mechanic so what the heck I sent a resume.After 4 months of sending resumes out I didn't expect anything, but the next day I got a call to come out and fill out an application.I had to deliver a knife to a customer so I had my DC KNIVES hat and shirt on with my everpresent fixed blade on my side.After I left the customers house I went to fill out the application.After doing the ap, they immeadiately wanted an interview,so I interviewed with the shop foreman, toured the shop, then got asked to wait for the owner.The owner comes out and invites me into his office,I look around and this guy has trophies all over the walls.Deer,big horn sheep, boars, etc. Find out he justs loves hunting and loves knives.Even asked to see my EDC fixed blade,and loved it.Told me about a fundraiser he has coming up and one of my knives would be real nice.So this whole interview ( that I expected nothing from) lasts over three hours and I get the job as an Industrial mechanic, get to send a knife to a fundraiser, and sold one to the boss as well.Another strange but true story,Dave.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:14 PM
Coop747

Dave that's a great story, and one of those things that flies in the face of all expected results. Good on 'ya!!

Coop
Old 02-06-2002, 01:00 PM
Roger Gregory

Great news Dave, exactly the sort of story I like to hear. Hope the job works out well and the boss buys a knife a week

Roger
Old 02-06-2002, 08:04 PM
KnifeWife

Great news Dave. Congratulations!
Old 02-06-2002, 10:19 PM
DC KNIVES

Thanks ya'll,as usual this is a wonderful place with such nice people.Dave

Tags
blade, fixed blade, hunting knife, knife, knives