MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Master

Kind of figured, from earlier in the updates, that this was shaping up to be a big week. Tell them to put everything back where it belongs after they're done poking and prodding.

Take care Ed, we'll see you around, Craig
Old 05-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Skilled

All the prayers in the world heading your and your families way my friend.

J

Old 05-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Skilled

More prayers sent your way bud. Always in our thoughts.

Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Skilled

You know that Sandy and I will be keeping you in our prayers. We've doubled our efforts as of late for a good report and a speedy recovery, Ed.

Dana and Sandy
Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Steel Addict

Hope this morning went well, Ed. Looking forward to good news, and here's to a speedy recovery.

Jeremy
Old 05-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Steel Addict

Good luck today Ed and I will be praying for good results. Our family has seen the miracle of the power of prayer and it looks like you have lots behind you. Keep well. Paul
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
The week got off to it's start...we arrived at the hospital around 5:45am....next thing I know, I'm getting prepped....half my body shaved, scrubbed, and the last thing I remembered was moving from the gurney to the Operating table......next, I'm waking up in recovery. We will not know the exact results for about a week....they could not determine the pathology locally, so it was sent to a lab in Arizona.

To be honest, even with a chest tube in me, I feel better right now then I have in a month! Why? because they have an epidural which numbed pretty much my whole left side from just below the breast, to lower abdomen (including my stomach)....which also tells me that the ulcer thing is/might be for real...we'll find out on Thursday.

Pastor Gary stopped by today....which just made my day! I have to wonder if he realizes just how much trust, caring, and grace he engenders. We talked, and as always with Gary....just what I needed, just when I needed it. Gary prayed over me, and the peace just flowed over me (Praise God, and thanks Pastor!)

Had to pause for a a bit there.....the Doc came in, looked me over, and said they could pull the chest tube! We got that done, are starting to lessen the pain meds, and will go home sometime on Wed.
Keep praying that the biopsy comes back negative, and they get my stomach/guts fixed up...it would sure be nice to feel "normal" again.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and well wishes!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 05-29-2012, 08:55 PM

Praying and believing you get a good report, from the King family, who have seen prayers answered.
Steve
Old 05-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Master

Easy does it today Ed. Hope you made it back home ok and things aren't smarting more on the day after.

Craig
Old 05-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Sending out every good vibe that I can for a good pathology report. Take care of yourself.

Doug

Old 05-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Steel Addict

Glad to hear the first part went well, Ed. And very glad that Peace found you; praying it lasts.

Jeremy
Old 05-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Skilled

Thanks for the update, Ed. That's great that your pastor took the time to come and pray for you. We will keep doing the same for a good report. As Craig said, take it easy and slow.

Dana and Sandy
Old 05-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Enthusiast

Ed,
I'd like to stop in and wish you well and that your report on the biopsy is good. Folks down this way have a lot of respect for you my friend. Hang in there. Lin
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Got home last night about 5pm. I almost didn't.....they took out the cathdore, and told me before I could go, that I had to pee on my own.....couldn't do it for nothing! They did a "straight cath" on me, drained off about 1/2 gallon, then told me again that I had to go on my own before they'd let me leave.....after a couple of hours it worked. I can home, Cindy picked up a prescription for Percaset.....I took two per the Doc's advice, and promptly passed out in my chair. I was trying to hang out on Wed night knife chat.....yaked for just a little bit, then the meds hit me. I guess I sat here for about 4 hours with the computer on my lap, until Cindy gently woke me up around 10pm and asked if I though I could get to the bed! Took two more of the pain meds, slept pretty good, and was up a few times to "drain myself". Today I feel like I've been kicked in the ribs, but otherwise not too bad. Cindy will be coming home from work in about an hour to take me in for the Endoscopy (scope on my stomach), and we'll see how that pans out.

I just wanna get back to being myself, and being able to work again. While in the hospital they did an epidural on me, and honestly I felt better the two days I was in the hospital, than I have for the past month. Just keep praying that the lung biopsy comes back OK, and I can get better, and get on with doing what I do. I also want to say a big thank you to everyone for keeping me in prayer...it means a lot to have such great friends and fellow knifemakers in my corner! More to come.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Hall of Famer

Nothing like having surgery to remind us that we're not 20 years old anymore (other than in our heads). It's a lot easier for the doctors to say not to worry about the results of a test, they're sure that they will come out fine, than it is not to worry about the results of the test. Hang in there, it will get better.

Doug

Tags
abs, advice, apply, art, back, bee, cancer, chris, easy, fishing, forge, hand, home, how to, knife, knives, made, make, man, military, mountain, post, sand, solutions, wrap