MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Registered

Help with identifying a Greiner Knife please...

I'm new here so I guess that is why I cannot post a picture but I have an unusual knife I would like to find out more about. It is a Greiner patent No. 675753. The handle is black plastic and it has a curved blade inside a metal sleeve. It has a screw back to adjust the blade in or out of the curved sheath/sleeve. The sleeve has a tiny pulley at the top inside of it. It has Vleh Trelben Solingen with a man with a pipe and stick walking a pig on one side of the blade and on the other side has the number K245 inscribed.
Any Ideas what it is for and when it was made please? I don't know if it's a very valuable blade but several knowledgeable persons I showed it to can't figure it out.

Here is a link to the only image I could find on the internet. It's to a Czhecoslovakian knife forum but the translation program I use didn't say much about it. In this listing scroll down to the 10th image.
There are some interesting knives here to see as well.

http://www.knife.cz/default.aspx?tab...sts&t=1223&p=2

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Skylark; 03-21-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 03-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

If you look all the way down at the bottom of this page you'll see a list box with all the various forums listed. Among them is one for Collectors and another called This Old Knife. Hopefully, one of those might lead you to what you want. You might get lucky and have someone here recognize your knife but most people on this forum are mainly interested in making their own knives ....

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Registered

Thanks. I am interested in that also. I carve a bit and may be using a blade I have to make a handle for it. It's fairly large so I am going to take the advise to newbies and read a lot of the info here beforehand. 'Do it their way before doing in mine' so to semi quote one posting.
I have a lot of knives in my dad's collection that I'm also working through identifying. He's still influencing me.

Tags
blade, greiner knife, handle, knife, knives, plastic, post, sheath