MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 01-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Living Legend

Were you or someone you know in WWII?

I just got finished registering my father-in-law to have his name listed in a registry for people who served during WWII. This is for vetrans as well a civilians.

If you are interested in registering yourself or somone else that contributed to WWII, go to www.wwiimemorial.com and sign them up. You just register for free, fill out a form with basic information and submit the form. Your information will be researched and then approved and your person will be added to the registry.

The National World War II Memorial will be dedicated in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, May 29, 2004. However, I believe you can add to the registry after the dedication.

You register with your name and address, then after registration you fill out the form about your person. When it comes to the place asking who is honoring the person, you can enter your name and then what your relationship is to them. I just chose to enter "Lozano family" and left the relationship area blank.

Here is the information they ask for.

First Name (Only first name please)

Last Name (Only last name please)

Full Name (Do not include rank please)

Status Select one
....................Killed in World War II
....................Civilian on the Home Front
....................World War II Veteran

Branch of Service Select one
..............................U.S. Army
..............................Air Forces
..............................U.S. Army
..............................U.S. Navy
..............................U.S. Coast Guard
..............................U.S. Merchant Marine
..............................U.S. Marine Corps
..............................None

Honored By: (enter your name)

Relationship to Honoree (I am this person's __________. Type only the missing word. ) Put self If submitting your own name.

HomeTown (City from which the honoree entered the service)

State

Activity During WWII: (Please only include activity of how the honoree served during WWII, which may include a rank. (No other information will be allowed) Avoid using abbreviations.

your e-mail address

Tumbling down the road at 35 MPH is no fun, TRUST ME!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:19 PM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Thanks for that, Bob. I just registered my grandfather in the name of my family. He was an Army Sarge, Field Artillery, European Theater.

Thanks again, Bob. That generation deserves all the glory and praise we can come up with. Amazing people.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 01-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Skilled

thanks for the info. i hadn't heard of the site and have now sent to info to other family members. it appears it may takes weeks to find the particulars of numerous family members who served during WW2 as most have passed on. but those still alive will not let the others be forgotten.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Skilled

Thanks for the info Bob. I will register my Grandfather. If anybody would share photos they have of WWII, I would love to see them. Here is a pic of my Grandfather (left) with a Jap flag they captured in the Phillipens. He was in the Army 163rd AAA.

I have alot more pics if anyone is intrested.

Jeremy

Old 06-11-2016, 10:40 PM
Registered

163rd AAA

Jeremy,

My grandfather was also in the 163rd AAA and I also have some copies of pictures I could try to share with you.

Best Regards,

Matt Dean