MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 04-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Registered

Exclamation ebay Randall question

I just won a bid on ebay for a standard model 4. I just noticed that the seller only accepts payment by money order (I am used to paying by paypal and must have missed his selling terms when I bid). This seller has a 100% rating and has been buying and selling on ebay since 2003. His ID is redwood0_7. Do any of you have experience buying from this seller? He seems to do a fair amount of buying and selling of randall knives. Even though he appears to have a good reputation I am hesitant to send a money order off to a stranger (I know, I should have noticed this sole payment option when I bid). Am I being too paranoid?
Old 04-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Steel Addict

First - welcome to the forums......

Paranoid..... always on ebay.

This one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6617785288

If so, I'd risk it.... there's a risk even with Paypal...... the guy seems straight up.

Note - my advise is free and worth what you paid.......
Old 04-04-2006, 06:05 PM

Hi surferrosa!

Firstly, welcome to the Knife Network and the Randall forums.

I see that you are new to eBay as well, and are justifiably a little prudently cautious (not paranoid). However, in view of the fact that the seller of this cool #4-6 has 100% positive feedback from both buyers and sellers, and that your money order is a traceable method of payment, I don't think you should have any worries. I have made payments to total strangers on eBay via money order and have never experienced any problems. If I was you I would send out the m.o., sit back, relax and look forward to the arrival of your Randall.

What I would be worried about is that if this is your first Randall, you may in all likelihood fall victim to the RMK addiction for which there is no known cure.

Please share your thoughts with us when you receive the knife. Thanks and sleep easy.

Cheers!

David

Old 04-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Registered

Thanks

Mitchell and David,

Thanks to both of you for your reply. To Mitchell: Yes, this is the Randall. To David, No, this is not my first Randall!

I guess I owe a proper introduction to all. I have been an avid knife collector for about 8 years. Luckily my wife understands my obsession (I'm a knife nut; bet you haven't heard that before). I own about 85 custom knives and probably about 15 Randalls (I have to count and will let you all know how many and which models). Some of you might have run into me in the Georgia area, possibly at the Blade Show or some other knife show. Most people remember me by my red head wife who usually accompanies me. I can't blame you; she is pretty and I am, well, a guy. I must be the luckiest guy in the world because she understands my love of knives and purchases most of them for me (envious, eh?). I think Jim Behring at Treeman Knives should put me on his Christmas card list for all the money we've spent with him. Anyway, I did bid on the model 4 on ebay and probably will pay a bit more than I should but I really wanted this because I don't own this particular model. Thanks again for the advise and, no, I won't blame you if this guy turns out to be a flake. However, if he is a scam artist I will let you all know how I flew to the midwest, tracked him down, and, well you can guess the rest.

Best regards to all fellow knife nuts.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Steel Addict

One more comment......

I often do a reverse search on the internet to confirm that the address matches the name and phone number of the seller...... just a comfort.

Best of luck....knife nut.

BTW..... look at my handle ....spelled backwards!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Skilled

....I have paid with USPS money orders for quite a few Randalls I got on Ebay. IMO this is a safer way than Paypal (which I usually use) to pay for an ebay win. I see nothing in that Ebay listing to make me suspicious. I would do like Mitchell mentioned and check out the name and address using one of the phone and address websites.
jc
Old 04-05-2006, 10:05 AM

Hi surferrosa!

Thanks for your thank you!

It sounds like you have quite the knife collection, and have already contracted the RMK addiction. Congrats to your wife for understanding your "obsession", she sounds a lot like mine without the red hair. Aren't we lucky?

I'm sure our members would love to see some photos of your Randalls. If you have any models that have already been included on our "Model of the week knives" thread which is stuck up at the top of the page of this forum, you can add them there.

Here's the link:
http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=30108

You can also post photos here or on the Randall Knives Gallery forum. If you would like to show off some of your customs you can use the Randall Knives "Off topic" forum.

Cheers!

David

Tags
blade, knife, knives