MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 10-11-2006, 10:04 AM

Smile Stanaback Special "Limited" Edition

Hi all!

I recently received my very special "Limited" Stanaback special from our very own Captain Chris. Thanks Cap!

There will only be two hundred of these knives created when the run is done, so most folks who have one will probably keep it in their collections. However, like all Randalls, this one could be used. In fact, it would make a terrific user, and was designed to be one by the skipper himself. All options are standard on this knife and there can be no additions, subtractions, substitutions, unlike at your local burger joint.

It comes with a very comfortable commando shaped leather handle which would fit most hands very comfortably. It has a single brass hilt and a rounded brass butt cap, with a nut (no reflection on the designer). There's also a wrist thong. The spacers are brass and black.

The blade is stainless (of course, this being a Captain's knife), and has thumb notches.

Since it is the larger 4.875 inch blade knife it comes with the standard ox-blood coloured sheath, with the EZE-LAP diamond sharpening rod (our own Azgator's favourite tool). Like all dealer specials is stamped by Sullivan's with the Captain's personalized logo.

Since this is a "Limited" edition knife it comes with a serial number etched on the right side of the blade. Mine is:

The Captain also provides a very official looking Certificate of Authenticity with the knife, just in case some doubting Thomas decides to label it a fake. Now who would do that?

I should also mention that fellow mod Seussbrother once had one of these which he found a tad butt heavy. However, in my hand it feels quite well balanced, but we all know that Seuss has a thing about heavy butts (his).

Lastly, it occurred to me that this knife could be considered the little brother of my Model #11-12, aka the "Smithsonian". You tell me...

I hope you enjoyed this "Limited" club, oops, I mean knife.

Cheers!

David

Old 10-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

Hey David..
I need...NO I want ...one of these L/E Stanabacks, please tell me how I can get one. I'm a "Newbie" on this site but I'm an avid RMK's collector, thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:21 PM

Welcome 10EC!

10EC to the Knife Network Randall forum!

Quote:
I need...NO I want ...one of these L/E Stanabacks
I know the feeling...

The knife can only be ordered via the Captain.

You can email him at this address:
"Captain Chris Stanaback" captstanaback@aol.com

Be careful though, he's one scary dude!

Cheers!

David

Old 10-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindog
Thanks Moose, nice pictures and write-up (as always.) I have my own knife coming but it won't be here until January of 2008. Can you take a pic of this one and the Captain's 4 5/8" version side by side? If I remember correctly, you have one of each.

gary

- Ronald Reagan
Old 10-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Skilled

For what it's worth..

Great Stephen Stills song! By the way: Stephen Stills has bought Randalls from me at several gun and knife shows! He travels incognito and usually with a roadie, but not always. (off-track) SORRY:
Moose: Glad you like the knife. I have sold about 160 or so and, to answer all of the questions that have been coming in to me since this thread got started, Yes: There are still some available!
Raindog: The "Stanaback Special", Limited "IS" the long one. It measures 4 5/8", while my shorter version is an even 4".
Numbers: The remaining numbers are scattered about, so some are available in the 70's and some in the 190's. Anyone interested can contact me about numbers available.
Seuss: David: Allan's "Limited" may have been one of several that were ordered with a brass butt cap...but not a "thin" brass butt cap. The version you are showing will be standard on any and all future orders.
Bye bye: I hope this helps to answer some of the questions, relating to this particular "Special". Best for now, Captain Chris Stanaback

Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The "Captain"
Raindog: The "Stanaback Special", Limited "IS" the long one. It measures 4 5/8", while my shorter version is an even 4".
Durn it! I knew that and simply mispoke myself. I have both on order. I wwas just hoping to see the two side-by-side.

gary

- Ronald Reagan
Old 10-13-2006, 11:58 AM

Folks, sorry for the confusion on the blade length. I should have said the "Limited Editon" has a 4.625 inch blade. (4 5/8" for the decimally challenged like me.)

Quote:
Cap said: ...to answer all of the questions that have been coming in to me since this thread got started, Yes: There are still some available!
Cap, I'm glad to see folks like the look of this knife!

I can't wait for the commissions to start pouring in. If they match my pay as mod I may have to retire from my retirement!

Cheers!

Moosehead

Old 10-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead
If they match my pay as mod I may have to retire from my retirement!
I didn't think that you could retire from the Secret Society of Randall Moderatorship. You could only be retired.

gary

- Ronald Reagan
Old 12-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Enthusiast

Stanaback Special "Limited Edition".

David...here's a photo of my Stanaback Special " Limited ".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02435-2.JPG (83.5 KB, 1 views)

Tags
blade, knife, knives