MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Tool Time

Tool Time Let's talk shop. Equipment, Tips & Tricks, Safety issues - Post it here.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:23 AM
RIP 11-09-2011

new videos

CCIV has just released 3 new videos.
Basic engraving and Precious Metal Inlay with Raymond Cover, shows you how to add color and depth to your work.
Making Miniature Knives with Allen Eldridge is using simple hand tools to create "mini-art".
Check out these and many other titles from our knifemaking library at CCIV.

Center Cross Instructional Videos makes some of the best knifemaking tools around, tools to open your imaginations. Thank you and God bless us all.
Geno
Old 07-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Enthusiast

what is the thrird vidio.thanks,I pulled up your webb site to see the engraving and did not see it I must be looking in the wrong spot.I enjoy your vid's I have 3 already.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:56 AM
RIP 11-09-2011

Basics of engraving is a remake, but the first of 2 videos by Raymond Cover.
Basics covers sharpening gravers, basic lines and scrolls, backgrounds and shading.
Precious Metal Inlay is adding colors to your work by inlaying colored metals,( gold, copper, platinum, silver...) with line inlay, sheet inlay, even raised inlays that stand out.

Making miniature Knives with Allen Eldridge is a simple step by step guide to miniaturization of knives. Rainfall damascus blade, filed to shape, solid gold guard pinned in place, black lip pearl slabs as handles... Allen does some awesome work for such a big man.

Basics of engraving, Precious Metal Inlay, and Making Miniature Knives are the new titles.
Sorry the web page does not show these yet, Alex is working on the update now.

As usual I am posting here first to let you know about what's happening at CCIV.

There are more than 2 dozen videos aimed at increasing your knifemaking skills now available in our library. Thanks for checking us out.
Geno
Old 07-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast

thanks geno
Old 09-26-2010, 10:51 AM
RIP 11-09-2011

Center Cross Videos has just released "The Hollow Ground Hunter".
Gene Osborn demonstrates his most popular design and the processes that set his work apart from all others. Modern screw construction vs. old fasion pins, colored fittings, fileworking, even how to make the sheath to complete the package.
Learn how to grind near perfect bevels from scratch using a simple grinding jig, and create each knife with a style all its own.
If you want to grind your own blades, but are afraid of messing things up, this video is definately for you. This video WILL help you make better knives, quicker, without sacrificing the individual personality of each one.
Simple step by step instructions make it easier than ever before to produce professional quality work from your first attempt.
You gotta see it to believe it.
Geno
Old 10-13-2010, 02:53 PM
RIP 11-09-2011

New Lockback Folder Video

Here's your heads up, guys.
Friday, Oct. 15th CCIV will release the long awaited lesson on my process of making lockback pocket knives.
Learn to grind pefect bevels, 4 at a time, using a grinding jig. See how jigs take the guess work out of the equation, and allow each knife created to be truely "one of a kind".
This video covers traditional lockbacks, scale release lockbacks, toggle release lockbacks, bolster release, extended tang design.....all from the same locking mechanism.
Learn how to change the geometry, increase the walk and talk of any knife, and to dress out each one with a charecter all its own.
Colored filework, screw constructions, and many other tips for "producing" your own line of folding knives are included.
This is not a video teaching to make "A" knife.
This is a video that teaches the concepts and processes to produce custom quality cutlery.
I promise it is not like ANYTHING you have seen before.
I thank you for your time and look forward to the reviews.
God bless.
Geno

Tags
awesome, blade, cutlery, damascus, folder, guard, knife, knives, pins, sharpening, sheath, tang