MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 07-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Hall of Famer

How to post photos?

Is there anyone who can tell me how to copy and paste photos from the gallery using a Mac computer?
Old 07-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Guru

Im not the one to answer that but I hope you figure it out....Ive always enjoyed looking at your knives.

Shane

shane@shaneivieknives.com
Old 07-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Enthusiast

You put the photo on your website.

Then post reply/start new thread etc.

Click on the "photo" icon -- looks like mountains. Enter in the web address of the picture. The easiest thing to do is have another window open with the picture you want to insert -- copy and paste the address. Then click ok. The address will be surrounded by IMG tags, that tell the forum to go look for the picture.

Make sense??

Old 07-30-2004, 07:32 PM

Don,

Here's a paragraph I found on the web:

"The “Right Click Menu”:

First, let’s correct a common misunderstanding. The so-called “right click menu” is properly called the “context menu.” On a Windows machine, right clicking activates it, hence the misnomer. On a Macintosh, for example, which doesn't ship with a right mouse button, Control+Click activates the context menu."

At this point the URL of the photo should be in there somewhere. I *think* CTRL is that infinity-looking key on Macs.

Gator: he knows the routine, but is trying how to find the actual URL of a photo from a Mac interface. It ain't the same as a PC or IE.

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 07-31-2004, 08:54 AM
Hall of Famer

I can paste the URL between the [url] icons now, with what I've learned from you guys, but when I preview the post, it just shows a little rectangle with a "?" inside. It'd be a little embarrassing to have that show up on the forum, so I have'nt tried to post it.

<<<<<>>>>>>>

I'm using a Mac Ibook laptop because I can no longer use my Dell pentium IIII on the iinternet. If I connect to the internet with the Dell, it has a worm that shuts it down. I hired an expert to remove the worm, but he failed. Says he's never seen anything like it, and the only way to get it out is to change out hardware.

The Dell PC works fine if I don't connect to the internet, so that's fine with me. Saves my having to duplicate all my software and existing files for the Mac.

It's been a bear learning how to use the Mac, though. Not like Windows at all. Shane, in case I never get this figured out, I do have 2 new folders posted in the Gallery here and on my web site. And thanks for the compliment, my friend.

Coop, I got my Canon back from the factory, but still can't get a sharp focus or realistic colors. So obviously the problem is with the photographer.

Old 07-31-2004, 09:35 AM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Robinson
Is there anyone who can tell me how to copy and paste photos from the gallery using a Mac computer?
What on earth inspired you to buy a MAC? Didn't no one ever tell you that you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

I haven't worked on a MAC in more than 20 years, and I KNOW they've changed things since that time. HOWEVER, I was able to get the one listed in the gallery here to show up for you. I'm not sure which one you wanted from your website though.

Good luck with your learning quest!!!

-Mr Mike

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Old 07-31-2004, 10:13 AM

Don,

If you can get the URL, then don't paste it in between [URL] brackets. Paste it in between [img] brackets for a photo.

Ex: [IMG]http: //www.yourgalleryphoto.com[/img] ( without the extra space after 'http:' )

This should make it look like Mt. Mikes entry.

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 07-31-2004, 10:28 AM
Hall of Famer

[QUOTE=Mr Mike]What on earth inspired you to buy a MAC? Didn't no one ever tell you that you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Hah! Learning new tricks is what keeps this old dog alive!!! I love to learn.

I decided to buy a Mac when my state of the art PC died from viruses and worms caught from the internet forums and email. I thought it was well protected by my McAfee subscription and even Norton thru my ISP, but when the repair man installed Norton AFTER I reformatted the hard drive twice it found 246 viruses, spyware, and worms.

Norton couldn't remove some of the worms, and failed to even quarantine them, so the expert said the only way to fix it would be to change hardware. The next time I connected to the internet, the worms took over and killed it again.

So, since I had heard that Macs aren't as susceptible to virus attacks, I announced to everyone within hearing distance that I would never buy another Windows computer, and bought this Mac.

I've been using PC's ever since they were invented and available on the market, updating every two years or so, when the Windows operating system crashed. Never again, though. I've had enough. As long as I don't use the Dell on the internet, it'll probably serve me for years. The worms don't activate unless I connect to the internet with it. So I use the laptop Mac sitting on my desk in front of the Dell monitor for internet, and the Dell for everything else.

Thanks, Mike, for posting that picture. It's one of three I have uploaded to the Gallery, all made using my design for a framelock folder. I wanted to demonstrate to anyone interested the variations that can be easily obtained using the same design. Some of these are framelocks, some are linerlocks, all different sizes, but all derived from the same design, which is available on my web site.

By the way, I had no problem uploading the photos to the gallery using this Mac.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpByCoop
Don,

If you can get the URL, then don't paste it in between [URL] brackets. Paste it in between [img] brackets for a photo.

Ex: [IMG]http: //www.yourgalleryphoto.com[/img] ( without the extra space after 'http:' )

This should make it look like Mt. Mikes entry.

Coop
[B][I]

OK, Coop, I understand. Maybe that's been the problem. I'll Try again. Thanks.

Should the picture show in preview?
Old 07-31-2004, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Should the picture show in preview?
Yes...

Durango, CO
chuck@wrtcleather.com
www.wrtcleather.com

Wild Rose Trading Co - Handcrafted Knife Sheaths

The beautiful sheaths created for storing the knife elevate the knife one step higher. It celebrates the knife it houses.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:46 PM
Steel Addict

Hello again Don,

Yes, sir the picture should show in the "preview", that is IF the link info is correct. I'm not even sure if the screens look the same on a MAC as they do on a regular PC, but if they do, when I post a photo, I click on the little icon at the top of the edit box that looks like a mountain , and then when that dialog box comes up I then input the link (URL) for the photo in question.

Here is the second photo that you had posted in the Gallery. . . I couldn't find the third photo. :confused:

-Mr Mike

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Old 07-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Thanks, Mike. That's the one. The third picture in my gallery was previously posted by Coop a while back.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:52 AM
Skilled

Mac user here.

I really like this knife, so I'm going to see if I can post a pic:

Old 08-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Skilled

Here's how I did it:

First, I am using Mac OS X and Safari as my browser. If you are using a different OS or browser, this might not work.

1. Open the gallery page with the picture you want to post.

2. Open a 2nd browser window (Command-N) and navigate to the forum in which you want to post the picture. You now have two browser windows open. Arrange them on screen so you can see the gallery picture in the 1st window and the forum in the 2nd.

3. In the 2nd browser window, start a new thread or new post. Write whatever you need to write up to where you want the picture to go.

4. Use the mouse to click and drag the picture from the gallery page (1st window) to the forum post (2nd window). (Click on the picture, keep the mouse button down, and drag it from the 1st window to the 2nd.)

5. The picture itself won't show up in the post, but the URL will. Should look something like "http: //knifenetwork.com/ppost/data/502/1413Robinson01_72dpi.jpg".

6. Copy (Command-C) or Cut (Command-X) the URL onto the clipboard.

7. Click the image button (mountain icon). In the dialog box, paste the URL that you just Copied. Click Okay. The URL should appear in the post surrounded by the IMG tags.

(Alternately, you can just type the IMG tags by hand after the URL is pasted into the post.)

8. Preview the post. Picture should be there.

Old 08-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Enthusiast

posting photos

I'm new at this and would like crittical analasis on my work from as many of you as possible to learn and get better. I noticed you said that one needed to post photos on their web page or site, however I have neither nor can I afford it for right now. Is there another way to post my digital photos ? thanks WALKER

Tags
knife, knives