MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 04-29-2002, 11:37 AM
P MOORE

Re: NO

Details,,details I'm going to start without yall. catch up when you can. No, but really. The IITH theme is good everyone make a project based on the same ideas. Then ones personal taste and ideas can shine through. Two catagories stock removal and forged. But really I am ready to begin. Paul
Old 04-29-2002, 02:58 PM
Tangus

Bob,

can you explain a little about the "Iron in the hat" concept?
Old 04-30-2002, 05:30 AM
P MOORE

I will try to explain the IITH. I have only been in one. The principal is this,best I understand. A project is picked. The last time was anything from a rail road spike. Everyone who wants in, puts their name in the hat, so to speak. At the end of the time limit, around two months, names are drawn. You mail your project to the person who's name you drew and someone else will be sending you theirs. Lots of fun and a chance to see and own something another maker has done.
Paul
Old 05-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Lamnia Artifex

I think that will be how this is organized. Winner gets a prize, something knife related, and all the knives are distributed to contestants. That way everyone has something to walk with. Of course the knife they recieve will be some new metalsmiths best so they will be very pleased with it.

I also wanted to bring this up to date for all those beginners who would like to know what they might be getting in to.
Good Luck all.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:38 PM
turtleherder

Count me in on the knife contest. I am very new at knifemaking, only a couple months as a hobby. I will keep checking back to find out the rules. If I can be of any help organizing the project, let me know.

Tags
blade, forge, forging, knife, knives