MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 10-17-2004, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

I got Daigle in trouble!

All right, it's confession time: Mrs. Daigle, it's all my fault that Chris came home late from his visit to Texas Knifemakers Supply. Honestly, he just went there to pick up one little item and was on his way directly home. He and I had never met, but I recognized him from his web site. I stopped him and forced him to stand there and talk to me about knifes for quite awhile. 'Course, while we were standing there, another knifemaker that knows him stopped by, and he had some more interesting things to say about various steels and such, so it wasn't totally my fault. You know, he really wanted to get home and get after all those chores and all, but being the polite fellow that he is, he just couldn't disappoint us.

Now the one thing that Chris and I agreed on - and this is completely true - is that both of us have wonderful and understanding wives that let us indulge our addiction, er, I mean, hobby.

And just so anyone else who reads this knows, I got to see Chris' latest project. And that makes me the first to be horribly jealous! It's a beauty - even though it's not finished yet - and the rest of y'all are just gonna have to wait to see it.

Thanks, Chris! I enjoyed getting to meet you finally, and enjoyed our talk!

Rick Hare
The Woodlands

Old 10-17-2004, 05:24 AM
Skilled

You are very correct when you say that Chris is a great guy.
I think I got the better end of the deal when we both took the "intro" class at the ABS school. And his "knife work", both his skill with a anvil and hammer along with his ability to finish is something that I strive for.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Master

Awwwww shucks guys. You're making me blush!

And Jack, she would like your phone number so that she can have a "word" with you. :confused:

Kidding! My wife is so understanding and supportive, it's almost scary. Great to talk to you Rick. We both obviously like the art of gabbing, so it's not like I was held there against my will. And when Tony stepped in, I knew he's have more to talk about. All good stuff.

BeeBee, we will have to do another class together. Maybe the damascus one in a year or so when I'm ready for it.

Chris

Tags
knife