MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > General ::: Items and Bargains

General ::: Items and Bargains Good deals on useful items for sale by Knife Network members

Old 05-17-2014, 03:08 PM
Skilled

Something interesting for newbs and experienced.

While shopping at a local salvage store a lady I work with happened on a box of Nicholson files. For the price she bought them and took them to her husband. When they opened them the files were knife cut and had no teeth other than a few inches on the spine. They have a secondary bevel for a cutting edge. They were made for cutting tools. She called me today and said they had more. I had to go get them. If you want one, pm me. I would suggest that any maker run them through another temper cycle as I don't know what hardness they are.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Steel Addict

What are you [or they] asking for them?
Thanks,
Dave

Old 08-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Enthusiast

yes please do tell us what is the damage for acquiring one (or 2) OF THESE VERY INTERESTING BLANKS????
(G)

Old 08-20-2014, 06:48 AM
Skilled

I never posted this pig sticker I made from one of those files. Gave it an hour in the oven @ 450 then followed that up with a soft back draw. I then dropped it point first on the floor leaving a nice divot in my concrete floor. I fitted a guard on then brazed a threaded section on and screwed the handle together. I'm asking $8 ea or $30 for a box of 6 plus shipping.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Steel Addict

Those look like blanks for a thread file. We use them at work all the time cleaning up threads on bolts that can't or are too expensive to replace. Great find thou!!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naboyle View Post
Those look like blanks for a thread file. We use them at work all the time cleaning up threads on bolts that can't or are too expensive to replace. Great find thou!!
NOT AT ALL! they have a KNIFE edge on them YES a very sharp edge on them Like a "fleshing knife" for removing left overs from hide if you will yet it is a file . NO teeth any where except on the spine . and Yes I have two of them in hand that I am working with for Knives for an Enlisted project for Guardsmen Free for them as a Thank you to my Fellow Servicemen an Women they will Be given out / Drawn for , this Years Christmas party.

Ret, Sgt. Robert D. Yates

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !
Old 08-22-2014, 06:29 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Yates View Post
NOT AT ALL! they have a KNIFE edge on them YES a very sharp edge on them Like a "fleshing knife" for removing left overs from hide if you will yet it is a file . NO teeth any where except on the spine . and Yes I have two of them in hand that I am working with for Knives for an Enlisted project for Guardsmen Free for them as a Thank you to my Fellow Servicemen an Women they will Be given out / Drawn for , this Years Christmas party.

Ret, Sgt. Robert D. Yates
Can't wait to see them. They will be beautiful I'm sure.

Tags
back, bevel, blade, blanks, chris, christmas, cleaning, edge, file, files, guard, hand, handle, knife, knives, made, project, sharp, store, temper, tools