MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 08-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to RedElk
Post Katrina Head Count

I know a few of our members live in the areas hit by Katrina. Has anyone heard from them? I know they have bigger issues at hand than the forum, so if anyone can set us at ease about their situation it would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:30 AM

Roll Call

Thanks for posting this, Martha.

I think the extent of Katrina's destruction is only now just coming to light, and it is truly a horrific situation.

If anyone has news of a forum member who has been affected, please let us know about their welfare whenever you can. Also if you have been victimized yourself, please check in, if only to tell folks that you are alright.

Thanks!

David

Old 08-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindog
We took some wind damage here in Oxford, AL but I was lucky in that I lost power for about 5 hours and that was about it. Some tornados took some homes about 25 miles away. The hurricane kinda boomeranged around us.

-gary

- Ronald Reagan
Old 08-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Steel Addict

Location: Northwest Mississippi just south of Memphis and close to God's Country...Ole Miss.
Just to let you guys know I'm alive and well however others did not fair as well. A friend of mine whos inlaws live on the coast decided to "ride it out". His father-in-law did not make it. He drown in his house under an immense wall of water. Our AFO (Agency Field Office) in Gulfport, MS is under 10' of water evan as I speak. I'm very busy here w/ many roof claims and water damage. Best of all we are safe...and so are my Randall's.
Jeepster
Old 08-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Steel Addict

Glad to hear you're safe Ronnie.
Thankfully, my former mother-in-law is safe with relatives in Kentuky. She's been there since June.
However, her house in Slidell is assumed a total loss since it's well south of Rt 10 in the "severe flood" area of the city.
Others have suffered far greater losses.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Steel Addict

Location: Northwest Mississippi just south of Memphis and close to God's Country...Ole Miss.
This was absolutely the most incredible storm. I'm in Northwest Mississippi and it impacted us severely here. I have been busy all day w/ claims. I also have friends and clients on the coast and they were here riding out the storm. One just called me and their house was right on Hwy 90. A most beautiful and scenic highway w/ many old Live Oak Trees on both sides of the highway. Her house is no longer there. It is completely gone. They found her Mercedes about 300 yards behind the house. Ruined of course. Bottom line We are gonna take care of these folks...just like a "good neighbor" would.
Say a prayer for all those folks especially for those who didn't make it.
Jeepster
Old 08-30-2005, 03:05 PM

Hi Gary and Ronnie!

I'm very happy to hear that you're both OK.

However, the scenes you describe, Ronnie and the tragedies that befell some folks you know is very distressing.

Good luck with all that you have to do. I hope everyone's lives will return to normal as quickly as possible.

David

P.S. Good news about your Randalls, Ronnie!

Old 08-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Steel Addict

"The hurricane kinda boomeranged around us."

Gary,
I bet it was that "Property Protected By Randall Man" sign that saved your neck!
Old 08-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindog
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedElk
Gary,
I bet it was that "Property Protected By Randall Man" sign that saved your neck!
You know, I bet that you are right. Now that you mention it, about 10 pm last night, I did hear the sound of steel clanging outside, briefly. I chalked it up to the 65 mph wind. But now that I think about it, I did see a bandana that seemed to be moving against the wind in the dark. Hmmmm, this requires more thought. Think on this, I will.

-gary

- Ronald Reagan
Old 08-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

There is only one word that describes what you need to know about a hurricane: Respect.

If you respect it and keep your head, it's almost certain you will survive. If you don't, it will either teach you respect or kill you. That's it.

Probably half of New Orleans is holed up in Houston at the moment. A local TV crew caught a large hotel doubling their rates. The Texas Attorney General's office will be discussing that with them shortly.

My neighbor's son got married in Mexico and they were hit by a hurricane. The government evacuated them to a shelter. When the storm was over they tried to return to their hotel, but it had mostly been destroyed. The good news is that the resort saw to it that all of their bags were returned to them when they got home.

Our prayers go out to all those hit by Katrina. The damage is terrible, but the human spirit is strong and they will rebuild and go on with their lives.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Steel Addict

Glad your on the cases Jeepster. I owe you a call, and will do so when the time is right? Very glad that you are safe, was worried about you. This National disaster is very troubling. I pray for all Southern Bros to stay safe.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Steel Addict

Thanks Marc. I'm safe but workin hard. Many claims in our area and I'm 4 hrs from the coast. Unbelievable but I have many houses that have their roofs blown off, trees on houses. Heck I might get a new roof out of this deal myself.
Jeepster
Old 09-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Steel Addict

NYFD to the rescue in the Big Easy! Y'all came to our help on 9/11, it's our turn to return the favor.
Jeep say hello to our boys if they make it to Mississipi!

Old 09-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Steel Addict

O.K. will do Marc but that's "Jeepster" I dunno any Jeep...
Jeepster
Old 09-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Steel Addict

Sorry Jeepster, got confused with a guy I knew called Jeep....