MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 10-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Steel Addict

BP,

You have to take in that we have had a # of people bad mouth the RMK business and it is just totally baffling to why it ts done.

I've been associated w/ the Randall's on a daily basis since 1983 and I doubt you would ever find another family w/ the pride in continuing a product and service as they are.

For you say that the RMK dealers are insinuating that RMK sells on the Internet is mind boggling. We have a 5 yr backlog on orders and are presently about 8 wks behind in our shipping date. So it's not like we have the time to make any just for Internet sales! Next time you hear this PLEASE ask what the site is as I'm sure there are plenty of posters here that would jump at this opportunity to purchase more than 1 every 3 months and eclipse the wait time!

No harm, no foul, but you do present this as a personal attack against a very fine family of craftsmen. Not to mention attacking the credibility of one of Central Fla's founding families and businesses that is going strong into their 3rd generation of running this business w/ no apparent slow down.

---DW---
Old 10-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Steel Addict

Hey, Cap. Tell us what you REALLY think, without all the sugarcoating!!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Skilled

This is a forum of and for Randall aficionados. A person doesn't have to even own a Randall to be here having fun and sharing with the group but please don't come in once a month with unsubstantiated BS waving the enemy's flag and trying to share tea with us at the same time.

seussbrother

Last edited by Seussbrother; 10-08-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty water
BP,

You have to take in that we have had a # of people bad mouth the RMK business and it is just totally baffling to why it ts done.

I've been associated w/ the Randall's on a daily basis since 1983 and I doubt you would ever find another family w/ the pride in continuing a product and service as they are.

For you say that the RMK dealers are insinuating that RMK sells on the Internet is mind boggling. We have a 5 yr backlog on orders and are presently about 8 wks behind in our shipping date. So it's not like we have the time to make any just for Internet sales! Next time you hear this PLEASE ask what the site is as I'm sure there are plenty of posters here that would jump at this opportunity to purchase more than 1 every 3 months and eclipse the wait time!

No harm, no foul, but you do present this as a personal attack against a very fine family of craftsmen. Not to mention attacking the credibility of one of Central Fla's founding families and businesses that is going strong into their 3rd generation of running this business w/ no apparent slow down.

---DW---
THANK YOU,it was not my intention to attack ANYONE.look at it from my perspective,im at a gun or knife show (like today) having a good time, i get to a display where the guy starts talkin knives,i tell him about how its getting harder to find them DING! off he goes on this whole rant.and like i said aaahh yea later.in 5 minute,s ive heard the whole randall history,and what im really here for is a model 18!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The "Captain"
Boblade and others,
Ron: First of all: There is no disagreement. If you mods think that threads and posts deserve to stay...fine. I just hate to fuel the fire, which is exactly what happened...but it's all part of dealing with folks hiding behind a keyboard. I "STILL" have not seen any "authorized" Randall dealers brought to light in this thread. Folks can just post up inflamatory comments and it's O.K. Well: It ain't O.K. with me. There are only a handful of "authorized" Randall knife dealers on the planet. It doesn't "slap" the rest of ya'...just a very select few. While I am proud to be one of 'em, that select few, and I, for one, think this thread is full of s___!!
And to the "others": Believe what you want. I put my "REAL NAME" up here and on every Randall forum that I currently post on, moderate on or ever "did" post on, including the infamous..."EBAY"...and I'm tellin' ya': This s___ just ain't true!! (There...See?...No disagreement). Best, Captain Chris Stanaback
Cap,

I didn't know how many people read the post before I saw it. If I deleted it, there may have been some questions in some people's minds. If someone reads this thread now, it's going to be obvious that the guy was out of line. I would much rather have the air cleared. I know BP's comments hit you harder than most of us, but I felt a resounding slap as well and I don't think I was alone based on other posts in this thread. We're going to run into this kind of thing from time to time. Each case has to be dealt with on it's own merits. You're big part of this forum. If you ever see a post that so offends you that you want it deleted, get ahold of me and I'll do it and ask questions later. I think I can speak for the other moderators as well.

Best,

Ron
Old 10-08-2006, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big poppa
sorry if i offended anyone,i did not mean to come across as a internet troll.when im told these things i give the same argument WHY?i dont have a beef with randall or anybody here!im not the one complaining.if i hate randall so much im willing to give 650.00 for their knife?i walk away from thses guys wondering what the hell was that all about?we were having a nice conversation on randall,s and the last guy i talked too, which was today. goes on his rant about randall.after he,s done im like, aaaah ok buddy have a nice day, and move on.YOU guys love the brand GREAT so do i ,sorry i said anything .but there does seem some frustration with the dealers ive run into.

P.S. EXCUSE ME FER BUTCHERIN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
BP,

I can only speak for myself when I say I accept your aplology. I believe it is sincere. You say that you didn't ask these guys if they were authorized Randall dealers. There is a BIG difference between authorized Randall dealers and a couple of guys who have a table at a show with their own personal gripes. When you come on here and quote who you say are "Randall dealers", it's a WHOLE different situation. In the future, if you are even thinking about posting something that may be construed as inflamatory, send a PM to one of us mods. We be happy to answer any questions you might have or help put a sitaution into proper perspective for you. I don't think you and for that matter anyone else wants to go through this again.

Ron

Last edited by BoBlade; 10-08-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Steel Addict

BP,

If you are sincere about your apology, then I too am sorry for flaming you.

You ask us to look at it from your side..... I'd ask you to look at it from ours.

You "repeat" comments from unnamed "dealers" that attack Randall Made Knives and the fine people that make and sell them......... how should we react? These people are our friends!!!!

I have seen other forums meltdown due to trolls and pissing contests. The Mods that started this forum wanted something different..... and so far it has been different.

It's in that spirit, that I would like to apologize for the harsh words....

If you want to join in and become part of a really well run forum and learn about Randall Knives, then this is the place.

It's your call.........
Old 10-08-2006, 08:33 AM

thanks fella,s my approach to this may have been wrong.i love randalls i love collecting i have a lot of fun doing so.so when this kind of thing happens{ like yesterday } it was like somebody throwing cold water on me .which turned into a slow burn that i brought here.my mistake.the guy i dealt with yesterday i ASSUMED was a dealer because of the comments he made {such as only being able to get 8 knives a month}i dont know if any of these guys are authorized dealers or not and if im getting confused am I the only one?
thanks all, next time i have something to share it wont be a flamer.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Steel Addict

BP, apology accepted here also. Try to remember one thing from all this, if you want to know the straight scoop about Randall knives, this is the place to get it.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Steel Addict

Mods,

Now that were all friends again, I just noticed that my last post was my

1OOth,

doesn't this entitle me to a toaster oven or coffee maker or sumpin' like 'dat?!?

Get a crackin' and I'll supply my address for ye'

---DW---
Old 10-08-2006, 03:20 PM

CONGRATS on your 100th post DW!

On behalf of all the mods I am pleased to announce that we are awarding you and your family a free trip to the city where Disney World is located.

Pretty fantastic, eh?

Moosehead

Uh Oh, don't you live in Orlando?

Old 10-08-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead
I am pleased to announce that we are awarding you and your family a free trip to the city where Disney World is located.

.........and that's only for starters! After 10,000 posts you get an admission ticket
Old 10-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Skilled

Congratulations DW on your 100th post! There must be a fence in your future somewhere!

seuss
Old 10-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Skilled

Apologies

Seuss,
That's, no question, the truly funniest thing I have ever read on any forum!! No joke...seriously...Who wrote it for ya'? God: If we can have this kind of humour, we should fight more often!
O.K. With regard to all of this "aplogy thing" and swappin' spit and makin' up: I would ask everyone, just before ya' break out the ol' Joan Baez vinyls, to remember this guy's "first" post. Before any apologies come from the flat lands of Kenansville, Fl., I am going to have to see a true positive effort on his part, via some positive input and threads coming in. Sorry...Very funny ending to all of this thread...It just ain't over for me..at least not yet. Best, Captain Chris Stanaback

Old 10-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Steel Addict

Talking

DW,

Congrats on your 100th!

I bet that your pretty exicited to take up Moosie's offer! Man..isn't life good!

Kent

RKS #109

Tags
knife, knives