MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 07-20-2005, 10:34 PM

Exclamation NEW $1000 Evenheat KILN for $480.... read on!

Greetings......THE KILN IS GONE......... THANK YOU!

I have an EVENHEAT KNIFE KILN I just bought ( retails for $850.00 and I paid another $150 in freight to get it here.) and I am offering it up for $450 as is..... it has never been loaded with knives and used. It has been tested out for function though... if this interests you, read on....! Or go to the EVENHEAT website and look at one like it to see if you are interested, then come back and read on!

It's a 22 1/2" deep, Model- Set Pro KNIFE OVEN or KNIFE KILN, manufactured by EVENHEAT of Caseville, Michigan. And here is the story that goes with it........

When it was delivered, about a month ago, the light gauge aluminum control box housing had come loose from road vibration working them loose and it was dangling by the one screw that didn't work itself free. They should use some LOCKTITE on the four corner screws but as far as know, they have not changed their methods.

When I called the EVENHEAT COMPANY and complained that the metal cover of the control box had been torn because it was hanging and riding by only one screw because the others had worked themselves out, the gal at Evenheat told me,

"Don't do a thing with it if it is damaged!" " Call the freight company and tell them you need to file a claim and call us back when you've done that."

OK, I can deal with that. No problem. And that is exactly what I did.

So, when I called Evenheat back they told me that they where making me a NEW KILN and that they would be shipping it ASAP.... they did that to.

The new kiln arrived in my driveway about couple of weeks, ? a few days later.

The new SECOND kiln's Control Box had come off in transit also! Although all four screws had worked themselves out this time so there was no little tear in the aluminum housing...........

FINALLY we've come to the good part of this POST!

For ANYONE who has wanted a kiln or needs a kiln and hasn't had the COOL GRAND when you count the freight to get one..... They can have this one if they pick it up here at my place with in one week from the posting of this notice! ( July 20th, 05)
The price is $480 for an oven that sells for $850.00 plus $150.00 freight!
I will not ship this item.
IT can be seen and played with right here where it can be plugged in in my shop. Pay for it and I'll help you carry it to your vehicle.

In addition, if you are planning on coming through MONTANA this summer and would like me to HOLD IT for you we have to do a PAYPAL money transfer to make that work. No Personal Checks, No Money Orders, PAYPAL only! Sorry! I don't get to hold this thing forever and if someone out there does not buy it, the control box will be shipped back to EVENHEAT and I'll stock pile the carcass with the elements, firebrick, stainless steel jacket, and four legged galvanized stand....... .

I can't get EVENHEAT to budge at all on this. It will come as an AS IS KILN in good working order. I've plugged it in and ran it. It's just fine and just like the second one they sent me but, the EVENHEAT people will not let me transfer the warranty. Heck, I'd keep it but I have more things I need to buy and with it being the big 22 1/2" model what would I do with two....???

You can verify all this with EVENHEAT that this unit is NOT STOLEN! I will give you - (if you are genuinely interested only PLEASE!) the persons name and number at the factory in Caseville, MI that I've been dealing with and the serial number from the unit! NO Problem. I am trying to give somebody a chance to get one that would not otherwise be able to buy it.... nothing more.

P.S. I live in Ed Caffrey's neighborhood here in Montana and I've called and talked with him about it and it is at his suggestion that I offer it here in these FORUMS! But I do add that Ed is in NO WAY involved with me or this kiln. All he can verify is that I called him. We have not met yet. I am a new ( paid up) member of the Montana Knifemakers Association though and you can check that if this is all just too good to be true to you.......

Good Luck!.... Realmontanan

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE...... montanan@sofast.net

THE KILN IS GONE......... THANK YOU!

Last edited by Colin Paterson; 07-21-2005 at 09:05 PM. Reason: KILN IS GONE.

Tags
knife, knives