MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 04-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Skilled

Gary, thank you for your kind offer but, the good Captain is correct about our forum goals and commitments. It is a pleasure and an honor for us to participate with our fellow forumites in our love of Randall Made Knives in more subtle ways. The winners of the "builds" would be hard pressed to be more thrilled with their opportunity to buy one of these special knives than we are to cheer them on. Many thanks to Captain Chris for doing these builds and teaching us along the way so that we are better informed about the many options which are available on the different models! We enjoy and appreciate the support that the Randall Made family has given us from the start, when we gingerly approached Gary about gaining his permission to start a forum honoring Randall Made Knives! The participation of Jason, "Dirtywater" and "Grindo" has been especially gratifying when they have stepped in and offered their expertise or humor. I actually believe that they are probably charter members of the Stanaback "ya just ain't right" club which we have fun with on a continuing basis. I hate to be mushy but, you guys make this forum function and we love visitin' and jawin' with ya'll!

Many thanks!

seuss (Allan)
Old 04-08-2006, 09:33 AM

Hi all!

In this particular case I have to say I completely agree with what Allan said.

AND THANKS TO EVERYONE!

Cheers!

David

P.S. I agreed with Seussbrother??? Now I know I just ain't right

Old 04-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Registered

A late response

Sorry I'm too late for your mid March cut off but I'm new to the forums (but not Randall knives) and I wanted to get my 2 cents in. I live in the state of Georgia where, fortunately, we do not have many knife or gun restrictions. If you do not have any felonies and can fog a mirror you can get a legal firearm carry permit which both I and my wife have (I love this state). My ideal Randall project for a carry knife would be a BMF. I love the model 12 with a fourteen grind (see my previous post and picture) however, if it was my choice, I would go for the large Sasquatch (Capt., can you order this or is it only a dealer special through another dealer?). I would opt for a carbon steel blade, a big stag handle (I find stag is a good grip even when slippery), a forward curved nickle silver hilt and a crows beak nickle silver butt cap with lanyard. I would strap this bad boy to my side on primitive camping trips or the occasional excursion to downtown Atlanta. In the later caes this would be my personal defense knife (remember the 15 foot rule if someone goes for a firearm) and the 357 in my inside the waistband holster would be my backup. I own a similar Sasquatch and let me tell you it can sever limbs whether from a tree or whatever. So that is the opinion from a humble, mild mannered coutry boy in Walton county Geragia. Y'all have a nice day.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Skilled

Each Randall "Dealer Special" is assigned to that particular dealer. Doug Kenefick is the "only" source for a "Sasquatch". I own a couple of these big 'ol boys, and I even have one that I use. When trailing deer I use it in the same manner I would use a Marine Corps "bolo" machete. It works quite well. I don't think of it, in any way, for EDC, except "in the woods".

Best, Captain Chris Stanaback

Old 04-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Registered

Capt, thank you for the information on where to order a Sasquatch. Actually, I was kind of kidding when I recommended the Sasquatch as an every day carry. I just thought everyone would get a chuckle when they imagined carrying a monster like that every day. I guess I should have clarified that at the end of my post. Yes, it is hard to beat it as a big chopper in any circumstance but it is not very practical for most every day chores. I own one my wife bought me for Christmas. Some of the forum members might be familiar with it. It is a Sasquatch that Perry at Spaceport Cutlery had for sale last year: large carbon steel blade, forward curved nickle silver hilt, alumuninum butt cap with a thong hole, and an aculuster handle. I'm not quite sure what aculuster is but it sure looks great. In reality my choice for an every day carry would probably be a model 5, 4 inch. The size (for me) is perfect and the straight blade while being easy to sharpen also fits most of the tasks I would use it for. I always prefer the carbon steel blade over stainless and the perfect model for me would have a stag handle, nickle silver hilt, and a nickle silver butt cap with a thong hole. To me it just doesn't get any better than that.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Skilled

Finishing up

O.K., sports fans,
Being as how I have been "on the road" and it is Easter weekend, I will announce the results when I get back to Florida...Tuesday evening! Anyone who has contributed and still wants to "get it" on the fun has until then. Happy Easter everyone!

Old 04-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Skilled

The "WINNER"!!!

O.K., enough time has passed and it is time to reveal the winner of the oppurtunity to receive this "Stanaback Special", EDC . The winning number, as reported ahead of time by me to all of the moderators, was #77.
The "closest to the pin" and a "repeat winner" for the first time is...DUH120!! Congratulations, Dick. Get with me, via email and we will work out the details.
Thanks to all involved. A lot of interest and positive correspondence was received. It was good for the forum, Randall knife freaks in general, and even any novice "lurkers" that might have been or might "be" still out there! Thanks to all.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindog
Congrats DUH120! And thank you Captain for, welll.... captaining this project. We expect to see pictures!

gary

- Ronald Reagan
Old 04-19-2006, 08:31 AM

Way to go Dick!

I'm sure you're going to love this "Little StanabacK" (oxymoron)!

It will make a great EDC.

Also remember, from now on you'll be known as two-timin' Duh.

Thanks to the Captain and all who participated.

Cheers!

David

Old 04-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Steel Addict

Yee Haw
Thanks Capt These are very Informative and I feel very Lucky To know everyone in the Randall Community that participate
Dick

Old 04-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Steel Addict

Congradulations Dick. Enjoy that EDC & I hope it gets used for that.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Steel Addict

congrats to you DUH, and that was a fun build. Thanks Capt. and thanks to this forum and everyone involved with it. YEA HAW!!
Panhead
Old 04-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Skilled

Way to go DUH!

This makes you a two-timer (winner that is!).

RKS #4868
NRA & TSRA Life Member
Deep East Texas Life Resident (so far)
Old 04-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Skilled

Congratualtions to DUH. This building project has been great. I am heartbroken I did not guess the winning number. I do have a matched set of Model 1 and Model 2 with ironwood coming from Rick Ward in the next week and that should make me feel a little better.
jc

Tags
blade, fixed blade, folding knife, forge, hunting knife, knife, knives