MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Steel Addict

My first three knives (pics)

Sorry 'bout the crappy quality of the pics. I really am a decent photographer, but I was running out of light after I bolted together the folder. So, here are some pics of my small collection of 'AaronMade' knives:

This one is the first one I built, it is a kit from Texas Knifemaker's Supply called the Texas Skinner. It is Cryogenic tempered 6A stainless, with Black Dymondwood handles and brass pins. I did all the work on it with a bench grinder (the kind with the 2 spinning rocks) and a dremel tool. This knife has gutted, skinned and quartered 3 deer since it was made, and it has amazing edge holding capabilities:

This is #2 in my collection. Built last week. I saw the blade at a gunshow, and picked it up with 2 small peices of stabilized Giraffe Bone- pins are stainless, blade is some sort of stainless. All work was done with a dremel, again. BTW, this little sucker is nice and handy:

This one was on my doorstep when I got home from work today. I was a little disapointed at first that it was a pretty simple bolt together assembly. Then I found I needed to file some to fit the lock. I do not have the files yet, so I used some gunsmithing stones to make it work. I will be doing some major surgery on the liner and handle soon so my big ugly thumb can get that blade open:

Here is my ugly Kydex sheath. Made with a heat gun, Mechanix gloves and Pop-rivets. It's ugly but it works... BTW, it is made for horizontal carry on the belt:

Anyway, here are is official proof that I am a newbie! You want an ugly knife? I can make it for ya!

Last edited by bullsi1911; 06-27-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to DiamondG Knives
Aaron

I can show you pictures of some of my knives that will make water curdle!!!

Nice job on those knives!

Welcome to the forums, there is a vast pool of knowledge here, from a wide variety of skill ranges from begining makers to Master Smiths and everything in between. Dont be bashful to ask questions!!

Might also come over to paltalk an visit, its a live chat room for knifemakers. I havnt been in for a while, but I miss my evenings visiting with Knife Buds from around the world!

Keep up the good work!!! If you are looking for kits, be sure to cruse thru the kitknife forums in this section. Darrel Ralph and Alex Wetsell are putting out some mighty fine folding and straight knife kits.

God Bless
Mike

Tags
blade, knife, knives