MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 10-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Steel Addict

That's criminal, and something ought to be done about it.
-Steve
Old 10-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Skilled

Two more fakes have made appearance on on-line aution houses. This is the first step to entering the E-bay chain.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/...fighting-knife

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/...fe-with-sheath
Old 10-15-2013, 06:28 PM

Hi Jack!

These two knives are just pitiful. They are so obviously NOT Randall made, I can't imagine how anyone interested in the older knives could be fooled into thinking these are legitimate.

They are indeed genuine fakes!

Of course, some folks can kid themselves into anything, so of course somebody will buy them, just like the three fakes you drew our attention to above were sold on eBay out of Germany.

I doubt there is much that can be done about these scams. Alerting eBay about these counterfeits does not always work and a one day auction doesn't give eBay enough time to investigate the case.

All I can say is Caveat emptor

Old 10-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Skilled

All of these knives first made appearance on one or another on-line sites. They all sold for $300-400. They then usually were shortly after posted on E-bay, and all have sold for between $325-425. I got some kicked off E-bay and the sellers responded to making the auction for one-day only... which doesn't leave enough time to challenge.

The thing is that these are copyrighte counterfeits and are subject to criminal prosecution. But I suspect Mr. Randall would have to initiate the complaint. There will just be more and more of them, and they will get better unless they are stopped. $15 to produce, sell on E-bay for $400.

Last edited by Jacknola; 05-22-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Skilled

Some sucess...

I informed the auction house that the offered "Randalls" were possibly counterfeit and that there were legal actions pending. I provided him with a link to this board and chat line.

To my surprise I received a nice note thanking me and letting me know the wording of the offering for those two knives has been changed.

"RANDALL TYPE FIGHTING KNIFE"
"Knife and Sheath both stamped "Randall made Orlando Fla", measures 12.5" Knife and Sheath both stamped "Randall made Orlando Fla" 12.5" there has been discussion on this randall knife that it is possible not authentic, please bid on your knowledge and understanding of this knife."

Nice to know this particular house is at least concerned with the issue.

Last edited by Jacknola; 10-16-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Steel Addict

Location: Northwest Mississippi just south of Memphis and close to God's Country...Ole Miss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Well folks it didn't take long for one of these knives to resurface (on eBay this time).

The knife pictured in Jack's second photo is now being offered for $1,199.99. It is not the same seller mentioned above.

I'm guessing that the current seller (rndekd) purchased this knife thinking it was a genuine "odd ball" RMK and may still have no idea that it is a fake.

To me the only thing "Randall" about this knife is the blade which appears to have a correct stamp, but has been altered to create this monstrosity. Perhaps it was originally a Model #6 "Little Bear Bowie"?

Your thoughts, folks?
C'mon Moose....you gotta do better. That wasn't ever an original Randall Knife. This knife started life as a file.....look closely at the guard and you will see.
Ronnie
Old 10-17-2013, 08:08 PM

Yup, you're quite right Ronnie! The blade is not a Randall. I guess I was just fooled by the stamp which is also not genuine.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Skilled

Round 2? here is another of this gendre of fakes... note solder, spacers, fuzzy picture of stamps. I've reported it to E-bay as counterfeit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-Made...7#ht_82wt_1022
Old 12-12-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
...I've reported it to E-bay as counterfeit.
Too late Jack!

Some poor fellow bought this fugly thing for $500!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Skilled

1/5/2014, another of these fakes has appeared. I've reported it to E-bay, but....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=221349037000

This is depressing... the brand is being swamped... what's worse is that people actually look at these things and buy them when much better genuine knives are available.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:48 AM

i remember in the 70s that many fakes were done only if several hundred dollars could be made. sad state today when fales are made if only 40 or 50 dollars can be realized.cranky72

Tags
assemble, back, bee, blade, bowie, brand, collector, common, flat, for sale, forge, german, grinding, gun, helping, knife, knives, leather, made, randall, sheath, sheaths, spacers, vintage