MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 02-20-2019, 04:21 PM
Steel Addict

" John Wayne"..Good Actor"?

In-My-Humble-Opinion, the two best movies he made, were"Red River" and" Sands of Iwo Jima".
Of course in the 40's and I believe even the 30's, every thing followed a set formula that went
on for decades....Basically, they were all the same.
Seemed to me, the script had to be tailored to fit him, rather than have him adapt to the
script....the mark of a great actor. Henry Fonda, James Stewart,Glen Ford,Burt Lancaster,and a
few more had this ability...they could play any part, and do it well.
I think Hollywood figured that if John Wayne starred in it, they could dispense with trivial
details like insuring it had anything remotely resembling a plot.As a result, countless movies were
made with the same approach they would later use in all those insipid Elvis bombs.To me, Elvis
did a great job in" King Creole"....after that, not so much.I have ALWAYS believed that people do
a better job when they're hungry. Whether it's acting, music, or anything else.....

Old 02-20-2019, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Red River, The Searchers, and Stagecoach were John Wayne's best movies. Honestly, I like all of his movies, even those early, cheesy back-lot westerns. Wake of the Red Witch and They Were Expendable were good ones, too.

Tags
back, john, made, play