MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 02-28-2019, 12:41 PM
Steel Addict

"The Main Gate Club"

A little juke-joint just off base, Nobody ever called it by it's right name-even today I couldn't tell
you what it was.When the road was clear, we'd all pile in someone's car and head out on Sat.nite.
They always had a good band there,played a lot of country and old tunes, and I even learned to
dance...Wasn't no John Travolta, but at least I stayed off the girl's feet.
I was learning to speak French, just. the "important stuff" that any soldier learns when he is
in another country or region....You know, stuff like "what's your name, Are you married, you wanna dance,"etc.etc. Travel definitely broadens one's horizons....One night when we were across
the line in N.B., a Mountie came in the place, first one I ever saw.About six-four,240lbs of pure
politeness...He came over to our table and said"are you Yanks enjoying yourselves?"Naturally,
Robert Blackwell, my best friend from Macon Ga. had to inform him he was no yank.The Mountie
just smiled,wished us a good evening,And whispered"behave yourselves,boys,I don't want to have
to come back."I didn't want him to,either....

Last edited by T.WOLFE; 02-28-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Tags
a, back, base, john