MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 02-28-2019, 10:31 AM
Steel Addict

"Playing in The Snow"

Nothing I had read about prepared me for what winter was like in northern Maine.We were
only a few miles from New Brunswick and would sometimes go across the border and drink that
Moosehead beer...Along about Feb, the roads around the base would be more like tunnels-from
the snowplows work, the snow would be up almost to the tops of the telephone poles.
Some weekends I would go spend a couple of days in the woods, practicing my survival skills.
I'd build a small lean-to,fix me a good campfire, and set snares around the place.Snowshoe
rabbits were every- where, and I had no trouble catching supper.It was a good time...of course
most of my friends thought I was nuts.....

Last edited by T.WOLFE; 02-28-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Tags
base, build, small, survival, tops, woods